couple of questions

espguitarist91
10+ year member

yep
A couple of weeks ago i installed my amp (hifonics 1606d) and right away i heard a static noise. Im not sure what it is. Its pretty loud, but not noticable from the cabin with everything closed. It happens when the car is off too, so i dont think it can be alternator whine. Maybe ground loop probalem? I tried grounding the amp in a different spot, but no difference. Both spots were bare metal. Power wire and rcas are on different sides. I read the sticky, im just wondering in anyone else has a common problem and a fix.

Also, the surround on the sub(PG RSD 12) is coming off the cone on some parts. Can i just super glue it back together?

Thanks

I have a kenwood 632u.

i think ill try grounding the rcas, but i havent heard of kenwoods having that problem too often. I have scosche RCAs, that may be part of the problem. Ill try it off another source like an mp3 player to check tommorow.

And about the sub, will super glue work fine?

I would say it might be the RCA's. The first system I had relied on Scosche RCA's and they ****** up noise real bad.

- for the surround problem, IDK what to tell ya, never ran into it. Where did you get your subs from, maybe a warranty?????? I just don't know. Was looking into a pair of them, and hope they don't do that.

A couple of weeks ago i installed my amp (hifonics 1606d) and right away i heard a static noise. Im not sure what it is. Its pretty loud, but not noticable from the cabin with everything closed. It happens when the car is off too, so i dont think it can be alternator whine. Maybe ground loop probalem? I tried grounding the amp in a different spot, but no difference. Both spots were bare metal. Power wire and rcas are on different sides. I read the sticky, im just wondering in anyone else has a common problem and a fix.

Also, the surround on the sub(PG RSD 12) is coming off the cone on some parts. Can i just super glue it back together?

Thanks
try grounding the amp directly to the battery, if the noise goes away, you know it was then a bad ground.

are they're any metal rings or cosmetics on the rca tips?

Ive got some rcas that have that, and if they touch at all you get the same thing...

just remove them or tape over them..

(I think Ive seen some of the scoshe rcas with that before)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.