Could someone check my math?

BlactimusCrime
10+ year member

NUT HUGGERS UNITE!!!
I have come up with a box design for my isuzu rodeo. For a DD9518g D4 on 2 DSC1500s strapped at 2. Box is 6 cubes after displacements, 114 sq inches of port (38"x3")and 22.75 inches long. Box is sub up, port back along the bottom of box. Supposed to be tuned to 40hz

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, tuning is around 40hz and the port size exceeds the 9:1 ratio by a significant amount. Make the port more square and less rectangular. The current port is improperly tuned to begin with and you are added phasing and airflow issues by exceeding a 9 to 1 ratio with the opening, Bad design, start over.

Loudspeaker Design Cookbook 7th Edition Book 500-035
if you don't have this reference already, get this before you design another enclosure. read it. everyone will reference it.

PM me if you just want an electronic version.
Thanks!

common eddie, you know better than that....
i would also love a digital copy of that, i had it once but it disappeared.
No, I dont, have you ever seen me run a slot port in my car? nope, Im always lazy and use aeros.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.