Cost to replace Honda Tranny???

Oak244
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ohio
Does anyone out here, know the aproximate cost to replace a 1997 Honda Automatic Transimssion? This is a 4cyl. Accord, and looks great, but says the tranny needs work, so I assume it needs replaced. Any ideas? Thanks

My mechanic down here charges about 300 bucks to do trannys. I'm guessing if you get it done at a dealership, prolly near the thousand range.

That must be just Labor I assume. I was looking for total cost for the new tranny and install. He wants to sell by Sunday and of course all the Tranny shops are closed till Mon.

my girls dad got the 1999 honda accord. lx or something like that. $2,187 at the dealership. every thing new. they used the tranny case with new parts. my buck regal they wanted 1800 and up for my tranny. if it has alot of miles and has other problems let the car go. my ford might be on its way out. try lucas tranny fix its worth a try. 10 bucks at any auto store.

That must be just Labor I assume. I was looking for total cost for the new tranny and install. He wants to sell by Sunday and of course all the Tranny shops are closed till Mon.
That might be a warning, wanting to sell it fast, ask if he'll extend, if he gives some bs reason, i'd be careful.

front wheel drive trannys normally cost between 1500-2000 to rebuild...if anyone is charging "a couple hundred bucks" to rebuild a tranny, they are ful of ****. Now if they just need to service it, maybe tighten up the bands ... thats a different story

I'm guessing that's a D Series engine you have right? D series tranny's are pretty cheap on ebay. But yeah that was just labor...I've seen some tranny's on ebay for around 3 to 5 hundred
Are you f'ing serious? D-series?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Every time I read this section, I'm reminded of why this is the WORST place to ask for help with car problems. The D-series was used in the Civic. Never the Accord though. They've had EK, EL, ES, A, B, F, C, H, J, K, and N-series engines. But never D.

front wheel drive trannys normally cost between 1500-2000 to rebuild...if anyone is charging "a couple hundred bucks" to rebuild a tranny, they are ful of ****. Now if they just need to service it, maybe tighten up the bands ... thats a different story
When it comes to transmissions, there is no 'usually'.

Does anyone out here, know the aproximate cost to replace a 1997 Honda Automatic Transimssion? This is a 4cyl. Accord, and looks great, but says the tranny needs work, so I assume it needs replaced. Any ideas? Thanks
I have a 2000 accord 2.3L and the tranny itself is $3000 and labor is like $850.....

I just replaced it, it was slipping really bad.... I got honda to pay for the tranny and i just had to pay labor even tho the car had 130k miles on it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.