Cost to have a 2nd amplifier installed?

MikeS
10+ year member

L.A.
Hey guys,

I dug up my old Linear Power amp and I want to have it power my comps. I've already got an amp powering my sub, so I think I just need a distribution block of some sort and a bunch of wiring. I really don't have time to pull all the wires for the speakers and do the power and stuff, so I was thinking of having someone do it for me. Assuming I don't need to run anything back to the battey, how much do you guys think an installer would charge to wire up the amp and run the lines from my head unit, to the amp, and to the speakers in the doors?

For reference, I've got a 1998 Isuzu Rodeo.

Thanks!

Mike

it takes 30 min to do if you're slow, an installer at would charge you like 50-100, definitely not worth it... not sure about price though because i've done everything myself, and learned myself.

If you already have all the wiring for one amp... you barely need to do anything. It's easy as 1-2-3-4!

(1) Just buy a distribution block for your power wire so you can have two wires for 2 amps.

(2) Buy some RCA splitters (4 bucks total) so you can split your 2 RCA's into 4 RCA's.

(3) Attach the the new remote wire to your original amp's REM terminal.

(4) Then ground the new amp and your set.

A. To do the job right, it takes longer than 30 minutes for a good installer.

B. You need a distrobution block to split your power flow.

C. Run the speaker leads and RCA's from behind the deck to the amp.

D. Hide all wiring and make the proper ground.

Its not fundamentally that hard. Just take your time and do things right.

more than 1/2 hour? i don't know "professional" work since i do it all myself, but i don't think it should take more than 1/2 hour if you know what you're doing and you're doing a good job.

I install for a living. I will say that first. Everyone does it differently, and every vehicle is different. To install an amplifier on highs, I allow at least two hours. Even though it may not take that long, at least I have that time alotted.

The way I do things (very picky), a 30 minute amp on highs install just doesn't happen. If I do one that fast, I cut corners somewhere. But thats just me.

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. I can see how it wouldn't be too much work to power the second amp, but running wires from the HU and then running lines into the doors seems like a PITA. Lots of carpet and dash to deal with.

cryhye250r: How much would you normally charge for something like this?

a sub amp is feasible in half an hour if the power wire is already ran. i would personally take over half an hour for a comp amp tho. the hardest part is running the multiple sets of wires and keeping them hidden. i also have my x-overs in the back so that was another set of wires. as for how much it would cost, i still think u could find 2 hours tops out of ur day to do it urself. u'll learn a lot more and know how to do things urself in the future. sorry that doesnt answer ur question, but thats my honest input.

Thanks for the encouragment, guys. I'm sure I could do it myself(I put in the rest of the system), but I'm extremely busy over the next couple of months, so if I could pay someone to do it I'd have it done a lot sooner. Can anyone venture a guess what an installer would charge?

Thanks!

Mike

a bit over $100 with parts included? just go ask them, or if one of these dang installers around here would answer.

thats just a guesstimation, and about what i'd personally pay. i would actually do it for u myself for $50 seeing as how i have an extra d-block here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif but dont wanna go to LA.

make sure you tape each end of all the speaker wires before you run them and lable them like FR FL RR RL that way you dont get them mixed up, i have seen alot of people do it and not lable them and it takes them longer to try to figure out what wires what. If its your first time doing any of this look at the 2 hrs or maybe longer, thats considering you dont know how to take your dash apart to get to your radio etc. but it is very simple to do

a bit over $100 with parts included? just go ask them, or if one of these dang installers around here would answer.
thats just a guesstimation, and about what i'd personally pay. i would actually do it for u myself for $50 seeing as how i have an extra d-block here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif but dont wanna go to LA.
Where in Orange County are you?

the time it would take u to drive here, u could have already installed it urself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif we want u to do it urself dammit. i refuse to do it! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MikeS

10+ year member
MikeS
L.A.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from