cost of install

ymee
10+ year member

Hi guys,

Im having a local shop install some speakers in my xterra. Will be installing 4 speakers and 2 tweeters to replace the factory speakers as well as a double din head unit, a sub with box and amp. They quoted me $400 for the install, is this reasonable?

would love to but don't have the time or the expertise. I don't mind paying someone as long as im not getting ripped off.

Why not save yourself $400, do some research online, get your hands dirty, and do it yourself?
tried that with my dad who actually knows a bit about electrical and what not and its was just a mess and im going on 4 weeks with out my system working

Are u buying thr stuff from them? i think 400 might be a bit steep.

i would expect to pay something like 50 dollars for a basic deck install, 75 for amp install and 40 for basic speaker install plus parts of about 50 dollars so around 220-250 dollars.

tried that with my dad who actually knows a bit about electrical and what not and its was just a mess and im going on 4 weeks with out my system working
what car you installing in? whats the problem?

OP

does the price include the box for the sub or are you providing the box? if you are getting the box, its done right, and its quality work then thats a pretty good price. the problem is its such a risk when trusting people you dont know with your car. just search this forum and you will find a ton of threads of hack jobs done by "professional installers".

like i said decent price as long as everything is done correctly.

Hah, my first install was also done on my own car, by myself. I messed it up a little bit of course, but those mistakes are the reason I can install so easily now. Live and learn.

I'm probably going to buy the head unit and sub box from them, the rest I'll get from elsewhere.

The car is a Nissan Xterra and the speakers are going in the existing locations.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ymee

10+ year member
ymee
San Diego
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from