cost effective way to help my electrical system

Participant count
  • Participant list

JMPisGOD
10+ year member

I have a feeling my electrical system will suffer with this new setup.... i have a 94 civic (DX model electrical system, which i think is probably bad) and im bridging a class AB amp down to 4 ohm mono... The amp is a Rockford 700s 700watts x 1 bridged @ 4 ohm and requires a 60A fuse... Whats the most cost effective way to help this? i heard getting your alternator rewound is expensive... What should i try first?

jmpisgod-try wiring your amp and sub

up frist after you get your system up

and running start you car then turn

on your cars headlights

if they dim real bad when the bass hits

then you will need to upgrade to a higher output alternator.

if there is no dimming of the headlight

you;ll be ok with you cars stock alternator

charging system

with my previous system it was less watts and i expereinced no dimming, but sometimes all my sound would cut out for a second...my feeling is that upgrading to this amp would only make it worse... i just need to pinpoint the problem so i can fix it... if anyone knows what is wrong please help

To suckmike...

Have'nt hooked it up yet, waiting for the solobaric to come, ill let you know

peace

Depends on how much power you need and whether you plan on upgrading in the future. It wouldn't hurt to call a shop and get an estimate. Also check online or call your local dealer and find out rates on new altenators. If you have a wrench you should be able to install the new altenator yourself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.