Cool new part for Sundown Z v.2

Nice, Jacob. I love the raw look.
Have you considered using a shorting ring under the top plate, as opposed to a sleeve, so that you don't have to widen the gap?
I guess I didn't mention over here that I do have a second shorting ring already in the motor inside the magnet ID under the top plate already //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I like the raw look too. Will you be making some 12" in the new v2 models?
Yep... 12s, 15s, and 18s to start with. Once I get frames in stock I will offer 10s.

We are building these here to order like we did the Nightshades.

I am going to find a good clear coating and go with that... just to keep the part from tarnishing.

The black motor / silver ring / black basket matches our amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I guess I didn't mention over here that I do have a second shorting ring already in the motor inside the magnet ID under the top plate already //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yeah, I didn't know that. Very sweet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

can't wait for the new lines to come out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif next year brings in new money for new toys...

like i said bro hard coat anodizing or clear powder. clear wet takes too long to harden even when baked to be clamped on.

i appreciate the good machining, a good finish and all the edges are broke.

like the use of cap screws over ph's.

so do i get a free woofer for guessing the reason. i have seen plenty of woofers that use a plastic yoke under the spiders and it works well for making triple joint strong and preventing the former from crush/cracking. the problem is when it hits the top plate and blows apart lodging plastic piece in the gap...

can we see this spacer on the new 8in? or will it come with this spacer?
thaks
This type of thing is too expensive for the SA-8 driver -- I am looking at potentially making a 5mm plastic spacer ring for the SA-8, though... to give it just a tad more x-mech rearward.

like i said bro hard coat anodizing or clear powder. clear wet takes too long to harden even when baked to be clamped on.
i appreciate the good machining, a good finish and all the edges are broke.

like the use of cap screws over ph's.

so do i get a free woofer for guessing the reason. i have seen plenty of woofers that use a plastic yoke under the spiders and it works well for making triple joint strong and preventing the former from crush/cracking. the problem is when it hits the top plate and blows apart lodging plastic piece in the gap...
Just got back from the powder coating guys... dropped off more of our steel spider bolt down rings to be coated. They are laser cut here locally from 11 gauge steel then powder coated glossy black.

Anyway... they said they can do the clear coating and the thermal effect will be minimal. So... once the production run of aluminum rings is done I'll drop them off to get coated as well.

I dunno about a free speaker -- but maybe a discount *laughs* The SA-12 plastic spacers gave me the room to implement a ring on those as well -- first run didn't have the ring yet but all future runs will... as will SA-8, 10, and 15.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.