Controlling Sub/Amp with stock deck?

It comes with bare wires on one end, you hook your factory stereo up to them as if they were your speakers. Basically treat the CleanSweep as a speaker, if that makes more sense to you.

Then it removes any weird EQing the factory stereo does by default so they can maximize the factory system as these will result in inconsistant accuracy on an aftermarket setup.

From there it outputs the "cleaned" signal into 2 sets of RCA outputs so that you can run these into an amp. It also has 1 RCA input that bypasses the EQing that you can use to hook up an iPod or some other source. You control the stereo just like your factory one.

So the hookup goes:

Factory speaker out to CleanSweep, Cleansweep RCA output to amp, Amp Output to Speakers.

Hope that helps.

Also if you wanted seperate bass controls you could wire the rear speakers into RCA2 on the Cleansweep and the fronts into RCA1, then you could control the volume of your bass by altering the Front/Rear fade from the factory deck.

right?

Also if you wanted seperate bass controls you could wire the rear speakers into RCA2 on the Cleansweep and the fronts into RCA1, then you could control the volume of your bass by altering the Front/Rear fade from the factory deck.
right?
"right?" not sure if your looking for someone else to chime in here or not...so ill just wait.

cleansweep sounds good. I may go JL audio now lol.

JL Audio Cleansweep

JL Audio A4300 Amp Bridged

JL Audio 10W1V24 Sub (one for now, might add a second one in the future if it doesnt weigh much)

My car will be lowered and I normally have people in the back. I also have a lip kit all around so I cant be bottoming out everywhere.

Maybe I am not seeing it, but what vehicle is this, and what system does it have? Your system may not even be EQ'd from the factory. . . .If not, the Cleansweep is just going to be $$$ you could put into something else.

Brian

Maybe I am not seeing it, but what vehicle is this, and what system does it have? Your system may not even be EQ'd from the factory. . . .If not, the Cleansweep is just going to be $$$ you could put into something else.
Brian
It is a Toyota Corolla. Ive pulled out the deck before to install my iPod Adapter. It says Fujitsu (I think) which is basically Eclipse. No premium system here. Just deck and speakers.

If I was you, I would start with a $20 line convertor and see what you think.

The clean sweep was made for equalized systems where the signals being sent to the speakers have been EQ'd, HP/LP filters, etc. The clean sweep combines those signals of the multi-channeled systems and processes them back to "flat".

Brian

If I was you, I would start with a $20 line convertor and see what you think.
The clean sweep was made for equalized systems where the signals being sent to the speakers have been EQ'd, HP/LP filters, etc. The clean sweep combines those signals of the multi-channeled systems and processes them back to "flat".

Brian
Good idea. I could always upgrade it in the future I guess...

BassAddictJ thanks for the offer but its gonna be a few months before I get a system. Just seeing my options so I know how much to budget towards a system lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.