Controlling Sub/Amp with stock deck?

What do you mean by remote?

http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/sisloc80.html

That is a line out converter. It taps into your rear speakers only for the audio signal.

Then you run a fuse tap off of an existing fuse (that is switched with the ignition) and run your remote wire to that.

Fuse.Tap2.jpg

Ok I understand that part. Im thinking you didnt fully understand my question. I want to be able to control the sub volume/bass boost w.e. it is. How would I go about that? Is there like a remote bass boost remote or a sub volume remote or something of that nature?

I see what you mean .... but just doing it that way will give you control with the volume on the HU.

Im not sure of a way to control the volume independently other than a remote gain knob. Does your amp have a place to one plug in? A lot of amps come with one

i think something like a JL Cleansweep might solve your problem... i know its used for stock headunits, so its part LOC and i know it has alot of other functions that the average LOC doesnt

I see what you mean .... but just doing it that way will give you control with the volume on the HU.
Im not sure of a way to control the volume independently other than a remote gain knob. Does your amp have a place to one plug in? A lot of amps come with one
Dont have a system yet and this will be one of the main factors of me getting one or not. I dont need control from the actual HU. A seperate remote would do as long as its not huge. I dont want a really bad ass system, just a little thump. Been talking to a friend who installs systems on the side and he said that he could install it for me but he wants me to get a new deck (just like everyone else says). I dont want an aftermarket h/u so no one try to convince me. Im considering a Pioneer system because they are the oem supplier for my vehicle (i dont have any premium system with an amp or anything like that just stock). Here is what Im considering.

(1) Pioneer TS-W256C/DVC Sub

(1) Pioneer GM-5200T Amp (bridged)

i think something like a JL Cleansweep might solve your problem... i know its used for stock headunits, so its part LOC and i know it has alot of other functions that the average LOC doesnt
Looked it up, thats way out of my price range. Is there a more affordable solution? Again not going for all out killer sound, just some extra thump.

Bump I was thinking of getting this instead because it comes with a remote bass boost controller.

(1) Pioneer/Premier TS-W126C/DVC 400 Watts RMS Sub

(1) Premier PRS-D1000M 400 Watts RMS Mono Channel Amp

Is this a good setup?

The Cleansweep is designed to take the signal from the factory head unit, which is usually out of whack because a lot of manufacturers EQ the crap out of the signal. The Cleansweep just gives you a flat signal before it converts it to RCAs.

you have two choices.

a simple line out converter and or useing highlevel input - cheap way. sounds bad

or cleansweep, audiocontrol LC8, etc. - more money. sounds good/better

Use a PAC 10:1 line output convertor. The line output convertor will have RCA's that connect to the amp.

If the amp has a remote bass control, you can use it to control the level. If not, the PAC LC-1 can be used between the line output convertor and the amp to control the level. My alpine deck subwoofer level control is crap, so I use a LC-1 because it is easier with (8) amps.

Brian

Alright someone needs to really explain to me what this clean sweep will do? I understand better sound quality. How would I wire it up? How would I be able to control volume/bass boost?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.