connecting you mp3 player to you HU in car?

Participant count
  • Participant list

electronicsgeek
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
US
ok i have an alpine CDM-9821 in my car. I have seen the adapter alpine is offering and i have also herd about this simple cable hook up. What exactly is this cable hook up? Is it better than the adapter alpine offers or same or worse?

the cable hook up uses your ai-net or m-bus input and coverts it to an aux input. the ipod adapter, or ipod interface, allows you to connect your ipod directly to your hu. this gives you the ability to control and view songs on your ipod. i would recommend the simple cable since the ipod interface has some memory issues and is only compatible with the ipod. the aux adapter can be used with almost any electronic device. you can get the aux adapter from crutchfield for around $15.

do all HU have aux input? and if i use the simple cable hook up would that give you the same clarity of the music from your mp3 player? and is there a name for the cable?

not all alpines can use the aux adapter, but most newere models can. i use the cable with the belkin connection kit for my ipod and the audio is very clear. i believe the name is versatile-link cable, models kcm-122b for the m-bus and kcm-122a for the ai-net.

which cable do u need? both? models kcm-122b for the m-bus and kcm-122a for the ai-net? How can you find out if your HU is applicable?

but the thing is if you get this product then u will have two volume controls. one from the HU and other from. How would you set them up?Boister?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.