Alpine not so great

lsufan778
10+ year member

I don't know what everyone is talking about when they say that Alpine head units are awesome. I planned out my head unit purchase going by what I have read on many forums on the internet and Alpine seemed to be the clear victor. Well I got a cda-9825 and I can't stand it. It has nothing but problems with it and Circuit City won't even take it back. It makes a lot of noise, it skips, the settings reset every time I turn it back on, and the deteachable faceplate has trouble reattaching. I used to have an Eclipse and I am thinking about just selling this Alpine and putting my bottom of the line Eclipse back in. Also, the voltage on the preouts of the Alpine don't compare to even the lowest end Eclipse. Buyers beware of Alpine. Eclipse beats them hands down.

Sounds like most of your problems are user error. Might want to recheck all your connections, settings, and the way its sitting in your console.

the "settings" resetting is because of wiring issues. the voltage output on the RCAs depends. the sub control puts out 4V at +15 i believe. cd skipping could be the CD. alpines are good and if you happened to get a bad one. send it in to alpine and they will warranty it. but if it was user error you are out shipping both ways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif so check everything 10 times then come back.

I don't know what everyone is talking about when they say that Alpine head units are awesome. I planned out my head unit purchase going by what I have read on many forums on the internet and Alpine seemed to be the clear victor. Well I got a cda-9825 and I can't stand it. It has nothing but problems with it and Circuit City won't even take it back. It makes a lot of noise, it skips, the settings reset every time I turn it back on, and the deteachable faceplate has trouble reattaching. I used to have an Eclipse and I am thinking about just selling this Alpine and putting my bottom of the line Eclipse back in. Also, the voltage on the preouts of the Alpine don't compare to even the lowest end Eclipse. Buyers beware of Alpine. Eclipse beats them hands down.

lol, what the hell is the point of this thread? after reading this i'm not gonna buy an alpine headunit ever again because a dumb newb doesn't know how to use a headunit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

my alpine skips too. but you gotta see the conditions of my cd's. if i put in a new cd or one that has tiny scratches i can take my car off roading and not have it skip, if i put in a cd with mad scratches, itll skip when im driving down the freeway. does that mean alpine is bad? nope

Basic concept: Garbage In, Garbage Out. Me myself I dont recommend Alpine just because I feel like it. I have an Alpine deck and have used it for a while now. Plays everything perfect and makes music very loud and clear. You might be refering to other people who dont even have the product and recommend so intensely. Another thing, I would never trust circuit city with any thing having to do with my car. For all I know they probably gipped you for a defective HU and installed it wrong.

my alpine cda-9827 is great. Like the other guys said, it must be user error. Alpine may not be the best but its up with the best of them

i tell you what bro since its "broken" ill buy it off you for a good price. hit me up iam sure we could work somthing out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the only complaint i have about my alpines are that they are touchy to a scratched cd. but that i my fault, i cant blame the deck for that. mechanically, it is one of the best decks i have used. no complaints on mine.

i just got my cda-9830 in and it is awesome!!!!! it makes my factory speakers unbearable at high volumes with no distortion thanks to the great little crossover and equalizer bult in. i was planning on getting some re componenets but ****, i can wait a little longer till i get some more money cuz they sound twice as good as they did, not to mention my subs seem a little clearer as well. thumbs up to alpine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.