Connecting HU to a laptop with USB??

Participant count
  • Participant list
is there any way to connect a head unit to a laptop with a usb plug, so i could play everything thats on the hard drive and audio output goes through the HU ... ?
If you don't have a USB compatible HU, then no.

Try using the sound card's output in conjunction with your AUX input through a cable.

Run it through aux input, I don't know of a single head unit with a USB connection
Lots of the newer ones have USB inputs. Like mine for example.

And no, you cannot hook a laptop up to a USB HU. The USB on the HU is an input and you have USB inputs on your laptop as well. Input + Input =/= Output. The ports were designed for flash drives or external hard drives with their own dedicated power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.