Connecting ground wire from First to Second amplifier

The answer is simple, yes, you can do this. Personally i would just add a distribution block so you can run 2 guage to one and 4 guage to the other without trying to jump power from one amp to the other.

Ideally you should have each grounded to their own properly prepared spot on the chasis of the car.
What he says is the right way to do it. You can do it how you described but your asking for trouble daisy chaining the amps together for power.

Hello, Can i connect 2 gauge wire ground to one amplifier (700rms) and then from same amplifier to second amplifier (200rms) a 8 gauge wire? Thanks
Unless I'm missing something that's lost in translation, this is asking for trouble. You cannot connect ground terminals of amps to each other. Ground terminal on each amp should be connected to a clean, paint free metal surface. Wire gauge should be the same as the power wire for that amp.

Unless I'm missing something that's lost in translation, this is asking for trouble. You cannot connect ground terminals of amps to each other. Ground terminal on each amp should be connected to a clean, paint free metal surface. Wire gauge should be the same as the power wire for that amp.
If the 2 awg is adequate for the current required by both amps, there's nothing technically wrong with it. It's basically using the big amp's terminals as a d-block.

It will work but do not make it a practice of cutting corners.

The resulting added length of ground (assuming the smaller wire is of BARE MINIMUM size) can/will make amplifier run hotter, less efficient, etc.

The real answer to your question is-

If both amplifiers are using adequate wiring for it's installation, then you will not have enough room to install 2 runs of ground into one amplifier.

So by making room only lessens the capability of both amplifiers in terms of potential for more voltage drop, less efficiency and increased heat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.