Connect cd changer to built-in Aux input

Participant count
  • Participants list

THX1136

CarAudio.com Newbie
Just got a new to me 2013 Charger with Uconnect 4.3. It has a built-in Aux input which the OM implies is a direct connection to the system amp. I've got a Sony CD (CDX 454RF) changer from my last car and would like to put it in this car. I figured if I could plug directly into the car's existing Aux in I could forego using the "FM" end of things. The Sony has a 3.5 TRS output with variable level control on the changer itself. Any reason this would not work? Thanks for any insight anyone can offer!

Finally found the answer so I'm posting for anyone else that may have the same question. No, I can't just plug the changer into the Aux In. The output of the 454 is an RF signal hence the smaller interconnect box as the electronics are in the changer itself. My older 424 (?), which has standard line level audio outs, would be good to go however as the interconnect box on that changer has the electronics that change the line level audio to RF.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.