Confused on Amp Setup.....Next choice to make

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello Forum......

I'm currently trying to come up with the best solution for my problem regarding my amp speaker set-up.....

My Car is a 2010 Mazda 5.

-Stock Stereo

-Polk Audio db571 (Front)

-Stock Speakers (Rear)

-Lightning Audio 4 Channel Amp

-RF P2 10" Sub

Currently everything is hooked up via a LOC and everything seems to be 2 Channels (Front). This was installed at Best Buy (I Know I know)......

Here is my problem......

I had all of this same equp in my previous car and I had Front Channels for Speakers, Rear Channels bridged to the sub......Worked great!!! If I needed less bass, I would Fade away from the rear......The Sub is so loud in the hatchback, I dont need rear speakers.

Now it's opposite...To get less Bass, I fade to the rear but lost the front speakers........

I guess I have a couple of options here:

1-Get a new deck with 3 sets of preouts and dedicate one of the "2 Channels" to the sub-out. the other "2 Channels" to the front speakers.

2-Get a new amp with some sort of "Bass Control" where I can change the bass on the fly......

Thats the point of this long post.......I need to control my bass better.....Some songs it's perfect and others its overwhelming.........

So frustrated and confused.....

HELP =)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.