CONFUSED! help. Quad Voicecoil wiring to a 2ohm load?! Audiobahn Immortal

Zeepian
10+ year member

SCS, MI
I have an Audiobahn Immortal AWIS12P quad voice coil setup. Im pretty new at this and have been looking around on google. It's an old sub im tryin to put in my winter car. I pulled it out of the box i had it in and i think its wired to half ohm.

I just got this amp for 20 bucks its a SPL CRM820-2 820w Series III 2 Channel Amplifier.....now should i hook it up to 2 channels or bridge it? If i bridge it does that make the amp work harder?

i know the sub wants more power, but it's a little ripped and duct-taped:laugh:...lol. i know its ghetto but it still beats!

so if anybody has any idea on fixin the FOAM surround...im that addicted to bass.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

i just need to know how...if anybody can help id appreciate it.

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSS

get some good epoxy on that surround, and im not familiar with that sub are you sure its a quad coil? that means it has 4 sets of positive and negative (red and black) terminals. If it only has 2 then its a dual voice coil sub, and i wouldnt run that amp at anything under 2 ohms.

btw bridging an amp usually works like this, you have 2 channels each putting out 100w at 2 ohms, so 100x2 @2ohm, now bridging or combinig both channels to form one channel will make just that, ONE CHANNEL, now most of the time a bridged amp like yours must run higher ohm load than the individual channels load, so 2 channels at 2 ohms will turn into 1 channel at 4 ohms, so 100x2 @2ohm bridged is like 200wx1 @4ohm.

step 1: buy a new sub

step 2: throw that audiobahn in the trash where it belongs

step 3: buy a new sub.

thats the best tutorial i can give at this time. your welcome.

step 1: buy a new substep 2: throw that audiobahn in the trash where it belongs

step 3: buy a new sub.

thats the best tutorial i can give at this time. your welcome.
HAHAHAHA! i actually lol'd

but why is he buying a new sub twice?

are you just assuming the first one will be crap because he owns this?

a quad voice coil is the same as wiring 2 dual voice coils... find out what imp each coil is and go from there. if it is a quad 2. i believe the sub can be wired to .5, 4, or 8...
wire to 4ohm bridge amp and call it a day, and have fun with that ugly *** thing.

HAHAHAHA! i actually lol'dbut why is he buying a new sub twice?

are you just assuming the first one will be crap because he owns this?
no he needs to buy two to make up for his first mistake lol i shouldnt be talkin tho i got a bahn amp. its treated me alright though thus far.

no he needs to buy two to make up for his first mistake lol i shouldnt be talkin tho i got a bahn amp. its treated me alright though thus far.
believe it or not ive heard that the audiobahn amps are kinda like Audiopipe is now... i heard that they do rated, but the power isnt the cleanest

believe it or not ive heard that the audiobahn amps are kinda like Audiopipe is now... i heard that they do rated, but the power isnt the cleanest
yeah i like mine as much as people around here bag on them but at half gain pushing 1 ohm it barely gets warm. still want to get rid of it and save up for a sundown though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.