Concert type bass in car?

Central, so about 2 hrs from everywhere lol. I live in bloomington IL. That's like 1 hour north of springfield and 2 hours south of Chicago.

When I was designing layouts for sound reinforcements for concerts, it was always awesome to have an outdoor event. I loved an outdoor event. But on to the real reason. Low frequency drivers are built and designed for the application needed, and the enclosures are more efficient and require less restrictions on size. A folded horn enclosure is really efficient and can be as big as needed for the application. And believe it or not, the amount of power required to produce this amazing bass is minuscule compared to the amount required for an inefficient enclosure in a vehicle with most low frequency drivers (subs) have very very low sensitivity, compared alternately to the very high efficiency of pro audio low frequency drivers and enclosures. I love big bitches.

Central, so about 2 hrs from everywhere lol. I live in bloomington IL. That's like 1 hour north of springfield and 2 hours south of Chicago.
Did a show down there earlier this year. Come up to Alsip next month for the USACI show and you can hear my van and see what you think...

Less airspace to work with in a car so you should be able to get sound your wanting easyer.

But I know what you mean when I was a kid I had systems that would rob the air out of your lungs and you couldn't talk when it was cranked. I haven't had a system do that in a long time. Must be hz that the system is centered at.

Any of you old timers notice that when systems started breaking 140 db that the sound changed? It seemed to be more pressure than the solid breath taking bass notes that I heard as a kid. I have been in systems over 160db and I could talk if I wanted too. 20+ years ago it seemed that a system would just take the voice out of your chest, I haven't felt that out of a system in a long time and back then we couldn't have been much past 130db

the concept that is usually missed is that it's not the fundamental frequency that makes pro audio sound different, it's the ability to play the harmonics with authority. a 6.5" in a door is nothing compared to a 12" in a properly designed cabinet when it comes to midbass.

put some pro audio 12's in the floor and you'll get close.

They are running mostly off 240v power supply from the ground. You're running at best high 13 volt power. If you want concert bass, you'll have to go to a concert, just plain and simple.

They are running mostly off 240v power supply from the ground. You're running at best high 13 volt power. If you want concert bass, you'll have to go to a concert, just plain and simple.
Do you mean in terms of volume/SPL? Cuz my van is a LOT louder at 50-60Hz then any concert you'll ever go to...

friday_gifdump_376_10.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.