components with strong midbass

JL XR650Csi.

Strong midbass.

Clear, smooth highs.

Adjustable tweeter high and midbass presence.

Local shop gave 'em up for $289.

Intstalled them yesterday.

2 enthusiastic thumbs up!!!

I cheat. I ran a set of 5.25 diamonds and was satisfied with the output level achieved but wanted more mid. I went a head and purchased an additional crossover and added a nice KICKER RMB 6.5 on another hex crossover to ensure a constant crossover slope is achieved in the front. Lots of output and leveld with a single tweeter from the diamonds it DEFINITELY is all I need. With two tens in the rear deck its a mini system on mids and highs alone within my total system.

I Heard The Focals And The Cdt's, But Then Something Strange Happend.....

I Went Tothis Shop And They Had Rainbows. I Never Heard Of Them Before, But After Listening To Them I Won't Ever Forget That Sound.

So I Ended Up Buying The Pro 6.5

Incredible!!!

Mind You I Listend To The Utopias And The They Didn't Impress Me(sorry) But They're Still Great Sounding

so true. here's what i'm looking for.
-strong midbass

-relaxed highs (as opposed to harsh/bright, which hurts my ears at loud volumes)

-crisp/clear details

what fits the bill?
Phoenix Gold Titanium Elites. if you can find a place to mount the 9" midbasses, then i'd stongly recommend these comps. the 9" is only 2 1/2" deep too. soft dome tweeter, so they're not overly harsh. and the overall sound is amazing! plus, they're made by Morel, if that matters to you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

alot of comp speakers can be made to sound great (even rockford entry levels) if installed great.the enclosure/ door if prepared right will give the effect of midbass. not joking here either prolly one of the top 5 best sounding cars i have done used a lanzar dome tweeter and a pyramid 6" mid bass on a lanzar component set x over ran off an old pioneer 50x2 amp i was shocked and it actually put a few infinity and diamond cars to shame at a local sq comp.

check out the focal poly kevlar power series

i was told by the focal rep himself that those sound better than the utopia since it is the latest out by focal

focal working on improvements to the utopia line

horns to me take up too much room vs. a 1 inch tweeter and i think horns don't sound nearly as accurate. they are definitely louder and more efficient but still limited in my opinion.

thanks for the advice though

reply with some more thoughts if interested

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.