components wattage - HELP!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Isuzu95
10+ year member

Just wanted to know what amp would suit my 5-1/4 Clarion components (2 pairs). Each pair is 170 watts max.

I'm debating over the Rockford Fosgate 301x and the 501x.... The wattage on the 301x is 42.5 RMS x 4, and for the 501x, 65 RMS x 4 watts.

Would the 301x be enough or is it worth the money to go with the 501x.

I'm picking an amp up SOON and I need help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Thanks,

Imran

Sorry, got my facts wrong.. the 301x is 37 watts RMS x4, and I believe my components can handle 45 RMS per speaker (each mid range w/tweeter).

You still think 301x will give me the full power from the components??

Thanks, but the price wasn't really an issue, cuz my friend is hooking me up. There's only a $60 (CAD) difference between the 301x and 501x... YOu think i should just go with the 501x then??

Are you sure your comps only gets 45 rms, and its a 170 watt max? If i were you ill get the 501x, u said money is not an issue, get the zapco 360 50x4, very clean amp.

Are you sure your comps only gets 45 rms, and its a 170 watt max? If i were you ill get the 501x, u said money is not an issue, get the zapco 360 50x4, very clean amp.
That's what i'm not too sure about.. Each pair of components say 170 max.. Wouldn't you divide that by two (for each component), then by two again to get the RMS. Is that about right???

Also, I need to rephrase myself... Money is an issue, but since I'm getting a deal on either amp, the price difference is not a major deal, IF my components will sound a bit better..

Thanks

Thanks for your help... I think i'll go with the 501x then...

My deck does have 4 volt pre-outs so i will turn the gains down.... And do I have the wattage right then on the speakers?? Each pair of components = 170w max, each speaker (mid + tweet) = 85 max = 42.5 RMS???

Also, do the new Fosgate amps heat up or shut off (due to heat) after being on long periods of time (but not being pushed too hard)???

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.