components or 6x9's

Yes awalbert88 is right on this one. The components will sound alot more cleaner than the 6x9's and would have less distortion due to the round speakers. When being driven at high volumes, 6x9's and pretty much any oval speaker, the cones tend to flex when being pushed hard causing distortion. So in fact its not the amplifier causing the distortion or anything else its the speaker itself. The cone in round speakers dont flex as much out of shape as oval speakers so you get higher volumes with more clarity.

ill add to that. Components of course for sure. not a question. not only do 6/9's distort quicker than round speakers but with components ur getting tweets and Xovers. 50watts is a good amount for em. how much u lookin to spend on components. I have crystal CSC's that i got for under 200 bucks and theyr AWESOME. There are also CDT's with the faded paint that are half off on thezeb.com. Many people have got these and love em. I dont think u could beat either of these components for the price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.