Components im considering. Thoughts?

I'm very largely undecided on mids or tweeters at this point. Looking at Exodus Anarchy, and really anything you can get on partexpress or madisound. I don't know enough about the different drivers yet. Gonna take a lot of reading and questions.
Probably get the big 3 done, buy some deadener. Read about what it takes to really do a good install of your front stage, like sealing doors, kick panels, positioning and aiming of a 3-way system, crossover points and slopes. Know what you're doing before you do it. A 3-way active system can be a huge headache if you try to figure things out after you do it.
Believe me, ive taken all this into consideration. Its already a headache and i havnt even started lol. Its been fun up to this point though for sure. Hopefully i can decide on these drivers though....

Believe me, ive taken all this into consideration. Its already a headache and i havnt even started lol. Its been fun up to this point though for sure. Hopefully i can decide on these drivers though....
Anything that's been recommended to you in this forum will be an excellent choice. Don't worry so much about which one is the best as they all have slightly different things to offer. TBH, I'd say go with the PHD as I've never seen people go wrong with Italian sound (look at Mosconi and Steg, for example). Plus you'll have an advantage of getting good resale value as they really won't depreciate as long as you keep them in good condition.

Seeing review after review of Focal being lively. Which can be good, but makes me think itll lead to harshness and a ton of eq'ing... Might steer away of focal. Just got done looking up the ps165 and i dont know. Bright is good but too bright is bad. Want something more on the deeper/flatter side of things.

And these are only 80rms. The phd's are 150, that means louder right.

Seeing review after review of Focal being lively. Which can be good, but makes me think itll lead to harshness and a ton of eq'ing... Might steer away of focal. Just got done looking up the ps165 and i dont know. Bright is good but too bright is bad. Want something more on the deeper/flatter side of things.And these are only 80rms. The phd's are 150, that means louder right.
Forget about power ratings when you're looking at SQ comps; they won't tell you much of anything regarding how they sound. For example, look on CDT's website for how they rate their power on the HD series comps. Notice the @120Hz addition to that rating? Imagine what they can actually do at a more realistic 100 or even 80Hz.

That being said, Focal's always been known as being "lively," which to me is just a fancy way of saying shrill and bright. You're either going to have to go active and lift the crossover point on the tweeter or EQ the living hell out of them to remove that if the install location isn't ideal.

[quote name='neo_styles']HSK isn't the lowest of Hertz' offerings, that'd be the ESK, but yeah. Wouldn't go Hertz unless you can afford the Mille
[/QUOTE]

Why? Whats wrong with the hsks? And the price of those milles are............ @neo_styles; We were talking about the review :)

Gotcha. I'm too distracted right now. Have a bout 80 FLAC discography torrents I'm converting over to 320 and tagging ATM

Lol you are distracted because you missed the Q i asked you.
Yep, missed that too. The HSKs are good comps but pale in comparison to the Milles. Here's the huge draw with Hertz, though...if those doors aren't deadened properly, they're going to sound anemic as fuck. The other choices I provided are a little more forgiving of less-than-perfect installation.

Yep, missed that too. The HSKs are good comps but pale in comparison to the Milles. Here's the huge draw with Hertz, though...if those doors aren't deadened properly, they're going to sound anemic as fuck. The other choices I provided are a little more forgiving of less-than-perfect installation.
Yea they probably arent as good as milles of course. But im going to have everything deadened and sealed. With that being the case a set of hsks will probably sound great. Cant find a current review on them though, i can only find ones from a year+ ago. I imagine they have changed the speaker since.

It's not that they haven't changed them, it's that soooooo many people have reviewed the HSKs that have clout that nobody really cares to do another one. Be VERY careful if you buy Hertz, though, as there's a ton of fakes out there. Unless you're buying Hertz authorized, I wouldn't bother.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.