Components and rear fill Q

barfy
10+ year member

SF, CA
I have a quick question,//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have two sets of Pioneer TS-C160R components

for my Explorer sport (2 door) Should I fit both of

these sets in there or should I fit one set and fit some

Kicker 05KS68 6"x8" 2-Ways (new in box) in the rear for fill???

I have a Infinity Perfect 10.1d 10" DVC sub in a stealthbox in the rear.

My amps are a MTX 6500D for the sub

and an Alpine MRP-F240 for the components.

All 4 gauge wiring and a 1 farad Cap..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

IMO installing a comp set in the rear is a waste of effort. You don't want to pull the sound stage back to the rear of the vehicle. It sounds best coming directly in the front. It's up to your taste though. Do you like the music surrounding you or focused and precise.

In your situation I would not run rear fill. If you only have a comp set and 6x8's skip that step. Unless you can pick up some decent 6.5's to install back there. And run them on HU power.

tRiGgEr

if u have 2 sets of comps, i say go for it and throw them in the back and amp them

like the above post said its all how u like the music, plus then if u got ppl in the back then u always have the option of cranking it

So I should just go ahead and fire them in there!

Thanks.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

IMO installing a comp set in the rear is a waste of effort. You don't want to pull the sound stage back to the rear of the vehicle. It sounds best coming directly in the front. It's up to your taste though. Do you like the music surrounding you or focused and precise.tRiGgEr
from being on this site i've considred just running cheap rears off HU but i have 2 sets of SS components (to be installed) and really like music completely surroundong me plus i have a 4dr so i constantly have ppl in the back. i personally dont agree w the whole "rear fill is a waste" concept. guess its once again one of those preference issues

Been there, done that... rear speakers are a waste of time, effort and money. Sell of your rear-gear and upgrade your front stage if you want to continue and tinker. ESPECIALLY, since your explorer is only a two-door.

I don't recommend tweeters of any kind in the rear of a vehicle.. Unless you have a need for them (ie: always have passengers) then I would look for a good set of mid-bass to put back there.. I run a set of Kicker RMB6 for my rear fill.. It fills in nicely without pulling my sound stage to the rear of the car.. But like everything else, it's all a matter of preference.. Some people like to be 'surrounded' with sound, but for me, it just sounds unnatural..

i run comps in the rear and like it better than fronts only.
Same as me. My passengers are always *****ing that they can't hear vocals. I'm aiming to get a set of rear fills back there as I had before. Keep in mind I have a set of Z6's in kicks up front getting more than enough power. I sat in back with my system cranked with no front passengers and the bass definetly drowns out the vocals.

True, I will fit the 2 sets as I like the surround effect and I also have passengers..

Gotta keep them all happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am going to hook them up with a RF P4004 amp..

I am putting the Alpine on hold

Should sound sweet.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I never have anyone in my back seat...but im a tall ass mofo in a small ass car..so i sit about half way between the front and rear speakers. I run two sets of PG ti elites, on a 200.4...over 900 RMS for mids/tweets :mean:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.