components and mid bass.

Yeah keep your focus on the front stage, I would disconnect the rear doors this has worked well for me and many many others. Actually I think it's what you are "supposed" to do. Especially of you have a very nice front stage system.

How do y'all feel about this set up?Give me the good and bad.

WoofersEtc.com - CL-6E32 - CDT Audio 3-Way 6/3/1" Component System
The crossovers **** compared to the new 3-ways CDT released earlier this year for the MX Designs systems. They're so much better it's hardly a fair comparison. You started this thread with "midbass" in the title, and those woofers in that set are not even close to the ones I recommended earlier in the thread. There are plenty of people enjoying CL components, but the HD line of speakers are a big improvement.

If you need to save some more money I recommend doing so. If you could go up to $399 I can put together a custom spec'd 3-way that will get you better midbass if you follow up with sound deadening.

The crossovers **** compared to the new 3-ways CDT released earlier this year for the MX Designs systems. They're so much better it's hardly a fair comparison. You started this thread with "midbass" in the title, and those woofers in that set are not even close to the ones I recommended earlier in the thread. There are plenty of people enjoying CL components, but the HD line of speakers are a big improvement.
If you need to save some more money I recommend doing so. If you could go up to $399 I can put together a custom spec'd 3-way that will get you better midbass if you follow up with sound deadening.
What's the best way for me to understand the difference of "midbass vs midrange"? Sorry for the stupid questions. I am a newbie at this.

What's the best way for me to understand the difference of "midbass vs midrange"? Sorry for the stupid questions. I am a newbie at this.
In car audio we talk about bass, midbass, midrange, and treble. Bass is the easiest. Midbass and midrange are both extremely important to a great sounding system. Midbass is harder to get right compared to everything else. That's where the thump comes from in a lot of music. If you've ever sat in a vehicle that had the music making your pants vibrate from the door speakers that is probably because of midbass.

With a 3-way speaker set we use a midbass speaker because there's a smaller speaker that plays the midrange. It works out better this way as you're not trying to make a 6.5" speaker do too much work.

I'm trying to understand this as well and design the front end of my system for my truck. Stock, I have 6x9's in the front doors and 3.5" in the dash. My plan was 6.5" in the door, tweets on the upper door or dash/pillar and that's it. To get midbass AND midrange, does that require two different woofers? Or can one woofer accomplish both duties? If two is better, would a 3.5" woofer in the dash be ok for midrange?

To get midbass AND midrange, does that require two different woofers? Or can one woofer accomplish both duties?
Two different woofers is never required to have these different frequency ranges covered, but splitting up the job has a lot of potential to sound better. It's one of those things where until you hear a good 3-way setup in your vehicle you might not understand why it's better. The great thing is 3-way doesn't have to cost a lot of money.

If two is better, would a 3.5" woofer in the dash be ok for midrange?
That 3.5" dash spot can be filled with a 3" mid on a simple adapter, then you put a small tweeter near it. That can be done without any custom work(i.e. cutting).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.