Component speakers to run off HU (no amp)

pbasura
10+ year member

i need a set of components for my front. i plan running them off the HU. i'm running my stocks like that right now and it's loud enough for me, just that SQ is not there.

my HU is an Alpine IDA-X305. I was thinking of getting the type r, but I've read that they are not that great for the price. What else is there?

356cs.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRECISION-POWER-PPI-356CS-6-5-CAR-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS_W0QQitemZ300346741924QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Speakers?hash=item45ee0f94a4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

why not investing into a small amp, otherwise, "sq" won't be that good DOT

you won't get alot of content below 80hz with aftermarket , even less without an amp

anything off deck power is going to lack..

trust me. get a small amp off craigslist for $50, it'll make a world of difference.

the PG's are great budget comps that sound decent, i'd go that route first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.