Component Recommendations...details in post.

rxer311
10+ year member

Pa
First of all I have a Soundstream Granite 120.4 (oldschool class A) amp that I am going to install in my Audi. Amp is rated at 30w per channel at 4ohm (12.4v). I could bridge the amp and run 100w bridged but would rather run comps in the front and coax in the rear off of it. I need a 6.5" component speaker with a mounting depth of less than 2.5" with a 0.75" tweet to fit in my factory location. Could probably make a 1" tweet fit.

My primary concern is SQ. I also want some decent midbass because I won't be doing a sub just yet. I also don't want to spend $$$$. Looking for $150 or less (cheaper is better...I am on a super tight budget with this). I will add a sub amp and sub later.

Throw me some suggestions...I have been looking on woofersetc, audiosavings, and onlinecarstereo but am lost at this point. I was thinking the higher the sensitivity the better given my lower power level of 30w. Please correct me if I am wrong.

My primary concern is SQ. I also want some decent midbass because I won't be doing a sub just yet. I also don't want to spend $$$$. Looking for $150 or less (cheaper is better...I am on a super tight budget with this).
sorry, you won't get what I consider to be SQ with that budget. I haven't heard a speaker system for under $200 that is any good. And for SQ you're looking at >$500. The best speakers i've heard for $200 are the HAT Imagine coax/components. Those front and rear would be the best SQ you can get for the least amount of money (still $400 total).

it doesn't matter if you're just looking online and not listening to them first. the only way i'll buy speakers is after I audition them, at least twice on separate days. I use well recorded program material that i am familiar with.

just buy some Alpine Type-S and call it a day. That's all your budget can really afford.

Since your budget is so low, don't buy rear speakers. Just spend all you can on a set of components for the front. Bridge the amp to them. The only way i'll recommend rear speakers (and i don't even run them) is when the owner has money to burn - which you don't. If you really care about SQ and music, you'll focus on the speakers you can actually hear.

yarrrrr go with the alpine spr-17s $150 online right in your budget, a decent warm-sounding speaker, bridge the amp like he ^ said. Fvck the rear speakers, just wire em from your head unit.. should be enough fill.

I haven't heard CDT speakers nor have I heard anything good about them from people I know with good ears. And there are just too many speakers to choose from to give me any confidence.

Alpine Type-R is a good budget speaker, but I am recommending you buy authorized - i.e. Crutchfield. That way you actually have a warranty.

First of all I have a Soundstream Granite 120.4 (oldschool class A) amp that I am going to install in my Audi. Amp is rated at 30w per channel at 4ohm (12.4v). I could bridge the amp and run 100w bridged but would rather run comps in the front and coax in the rear off of it. I need a 6.5" component speaker with a mounting depth of less than 2.5" with a 0.75" tweet to fit in my factory location. Could probably make a 1" tweet fit.
My primary concern is SQ. I also want some decent midbass because I won't be doing a sub just yet. I also don't want to spend $$$$. Looking for $150 or less (cheaper is better...I am on a super tight budget with this). I will add a sub amp and sub later.

Throw me some suggestions...I have been looking on woofersetc, audiosavings, and onlinecarstereo but am lost at this point. I was thinking the higher the sensitivity the better given my lower power level of 30w. Please correct me if I am wrong.
For $40 more you can get the Image Dynamics CTX 6.5 that are 2.75 in depth though. Not too sure about the tweeter size. If you read the reviews, pretty much 9/10 times they are good replys. They are rated at 100rms each too. So your amp will fine bridged.

I haven't heard CDT speakers nor have I heard anything good about them from people I know with good ears. And there are just too many speakers to choose from to give me any confidence.
Alpine Type-R is a good budget speaker, but I am recommending you buy authorized - i.e. Crutchfield. That way you actually have a warranty.
Really, I have been hearing really good things about the CDT speakers...

I think the ID CTX are a bit harsh for my tastes. Beafy speakers with a lot of output capability though.

Most of the people I hear raving about CDT are people I wouldn't let touch my car. That's not to say they haven't made a decent speaker. I just don't care.

Never been a fan of cdt, The HAT the guy above me listed are great speakers but are waaaay above your budget.

Id save some more money and look into the alpine type X comp set. Great price and some great speakers if you like mellow tweets. Or the image dynamics ctx set is great as well but tweets are a lil bit more harsh.

Best bet goto audio shops and give them a listen.

Never been a fan of cdt, The HAT the guy above me listed are great speakers but are waaaay above your budget.
Id save some more money and look into the alpine type X comp set. Great price and some great speakers if you like mellow tweets. Or the image dynamics ctx set is great as well but tweets are a lil bit more harsh.

Best bet goto audio shops and give them a listen.
There are no good independant audio shops around here...*****. I have to rely on other people's recommendations.

there are plenty of independent audio shops in PA - they might require a drive, or they might be hidden. i've noticed that car audio shops **** at advertising. I visited one just outside of Butler, PA that was pretty decent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.