Component Quality

Participant count
  • Participant list

ron4x4JK

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys, I have been out of the audio stuff for a while now, but now that my kids are at the stage where I can build fun stuff, I have some questions. I used to have a set of the old Soundstream 6.5 Components, and Crystal 6.5 Components Loved them both, hit super hard with a Fosgate 600x4. I have a set of MB quartz now, and they ****, I have tried CTsounds, Not enough mid bass and muddy highs, and I have tried JBL, 6.5s they are very tinny sounding. Is there anything out there now that can come close to that great hard hitting mid bass and clean highs that came from the Soundstreams? Oh also tried infinity reference, and kicker 6.5s in the last year, same results.
I am currently running 75x4 Sound Ordinance amp.

Ya know it is quite possible, and I don't want to throw money at it. I am out of the loop with what is good and bad out there now. Brands that I used to trust are not so good any more (Soundstream). I have been looking out there today and talking to some old buddies, I'm thinking the 2ohm CDTs might fit the bill. And I think I am going to spend some time working on the enclosures and massively sound deaden them.
I was mainly looking for some insight on brands, but thanks.

Raw drivers are your best bet now a days IMO. I'll never buy component sets again. They will require active crossovers though.

Madisound and Parts Express have good selections.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.