Factory door speaker upgrade

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my factory door speakers in my 2016 Hyundai Veloster that has the Dimension Audio sound system in it. It appears the front and back panel door speakers are 6.5" and in the front, I have two 1" tweeters. I'm not looking to do a big upgrade but just something to replace my current front and back door speakers as the front passenger one is going out.

With that being said, I'm looking at some simple Rockford Fosgate RX165X3 3-way coaxial speakers. Since they have their own built in tweeters, will this stop my factory ones from working or will it also use the factory tweeters? If it does stop them from working, do I just get component speakers with new tweeters or what?

Thanks!

If the old tweeters are still wired they will still work. The only issue to look out for when purchasing something with a 3-way coaxial is that if it's positioned near your feet on the floor the sound imaging likely will not be very optimal.

I'm in the market myself because the lady is so jealous of my stereo that she wants one now. I have 4 JL Audio XR650-CSI components on a JL 300/4 as well as a JL10W7 in the HO slot-ported box running on an old black and chrome Rockford Fosgate 1000a2. Sounds fantastic - she's not getting anything nearly as nice ;)

3 way coaxials in anything smaller than a 6x9 is a gimmick and there are less than a hand full of true 3 way 6x9 coaxials.

Throw in some SilverFlute mids and Massive CT2 tweeters. Sound deaden your doors and seal them up while you have them apart

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.