complete car audio novice needs his proposal checking

Participant count
  • Participant list
Dear All,

first time on a forum, as Google couldn't help me.

I've just bought myself a classic car; a W123 230e Mercedes from 1983. It has a philips cassette player and two broken speakers in-built into the dash. No speakers to the rear.

This needs changing.

In my house, I have a dedicated room for listening to my vinyl, so I'd like some music in my new car. But nothing too complicated, and not too loud, and definitely no sub.

I have sourced from colleagues and friends, a proposal for a system. The whole lot for under £200, which I'm happy with. (you may disagree)

All I need is a 'yes' it'll work, or 'no', you've got it all wrong.

The Clarion only has 1 set of rca, and the amp is 4 channel. Will have too use splitters, which 'apparently' isn't a problem at this level..?

Head Unit: old 90's clarion 45w x 4. Basic unit but it's period looks work well in the car. Don't want anything flashy.

The front speakers are; Pyle PLG3.2 3.5 inch 8cm 120W Two Way Pair Car Door Dash Shelf Speakers

The rear speakers; boston acoustic SR65 Coaxial 6 1⁄2” 75 W RMS / 200 W Peak 4Ω 50Hz - 20kH

The amp; DENVER 4 channel mosfet

1000 watt max power

4 x 90 watt + 180w

4 ohm impedance

Bridgeable 2 x 180 watt - 4 ohm

Frequency 20hz - 20khz

Will this work.? Are all the components 'relatively' compatible, in as much as nothing will overheat of blow.

cheers for any help you provide,

Dear All,
first time on a forum, as Google couldn't help me.

I've just bought myself a classic car; a W123 230e Mercedes from 1983. It has a philips cassette player and two broken speakers in-built into the dash. No speakers to the rear.

This needs changing.

In my house, I have a dedicated room for listening to my vinyl, so I'd like some music in my new car. But nothing too complicated, and not too loud, and definitely no sub.

I have sourced from colleagues and friends, a proposal for a system. The whole lot for under £200, which I'm happy with. (you may disagree)

All I need is a 'yes' it'll work, or 'no', you've got it all wrong.

The Clarion only has 1 set of rca, and the amp is 4 channel. Will have too use splitters, which 'apparently' isn't a problem at this level..?

Head Unit: old 90's clarion 45w x 4. Basic unit but it's period looks work well in the car. Don't want anything flashy.

The front speakers are; Pyle PLG3.2 3.5 inch 8cm 120W Two Way Pair Car Door Dash Shelf Speakers

The rear speakers; boston acoustic SR65 Coaxial 6 1⁄2” 75 W RMS / 200 W Peak 4Ω 50Hz - 20kH

The amp; DENVER 4 channel mosfet

1000 watt max power

4 x 90 watt + 180w

4 ohm impedance

Bridgeable 2 x 180 watt - 4 ohm

Frequency 20hz - 20khz

Will this work.? Are all the components 'relatively' compatible, in as much as nothing will overheat of blow.

cheers for any help you provide,
You want to get a better head unit with at least 2 pairs of 4 volt rca pre-outs with 13 band EQ, time alignment and 24 bit dac. That would be the bare minimum unless you just want something far below mediocre but works then yeah original idea would do fine.

on a side note, i'm going to tomorrowland in belgium this year.... gonna be fun. haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.