Coaxial

Participant count
  • Participant list
they ARE regualr speakers

there are generally two types of speakers, not including raw drivers and subs and such

Components and coaxials.

components are a total 'system' with a woofer for the mids and a tweeter for the highs, they tend to give more accurate/better sound.

caoxials have these two pieces mounted as one.

genrally,a gain, with the tweeter in the middle.

They can sound very good if you invest in some decent ones and shine as rear fill in a daily driver.

They can also cut it as fronts, if you dont ahve the csah for a nice set of comps or dont want to cut holes lol.

Ace24-

Coaxial means 2-way, there are also Triaxial, which means 3-ways, I havent heard what a 4-way would be called. But a 2-way speaker is what you asked about. A two way has a woofer for the lows and a mid-range tweet for the highs, sometimes adjustable, meaning you can move the tweeter to a different position for better sound. And a triaxial has a woofer, and two tweeters, for mid's and high's. If you didnt know about the 3-way's, you do now. So opt for them, Pioneer's are really good, especially the 4-way's which are even better than 3-ways. Sorry if I'am confusing you, so I'll stop now.

Brian

Just avoid the Dual cones at all costs aka whizzer cones they are a midrange/bass speaker with a cone in the middle you will hate them as soon as you hear them if you have ever had something with an actual tweeter.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.