coaxial center speaker?

Participant count
  • Participant list

paikiah
5,000+ posts

Wangaholic
Seoul, Korea
Ok, I've got a double DIN opening right on top of the dash, and I'm only using 1 of it. I've temporarily covered it up with some vinyl and wood, very badly done... just did it to cover the gaping hole.

I was first set on getting an analog clock and volt meter on there, but I figure it's gonna be directly in my vision at night, so now i wanna place a center speaker in there instead.

I see some use coaxial speakers, while others prefer a midrange. I've suddenly gotten the chance to purchase a component, as there's a bunch of people here who's buying equipments and agreed to let me get one as payment for installing their equipments.

So...

center channel speaker (coaxial or midrange) OR

new component set (Focal 165V, 50w RMS)

I figure the focal's might be better than my old RF power components. What do you think?

Originally posted by smokeoff http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-dLBeQASg6yY/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=62900&I=020SRK5&o=m&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y

Don't know if this will help, but it is a start. I have heard really good things about them. However if your are not going to watch any movies or other 5.1 channel audio I would find it quit usless.

Thanks for the suggestion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah, I've seen this before... but it's quite expensive over here and being only half DIN, I STILL would have another half DIN to contemplate with.

This is how my DIN cutout currently looks like. THe bulges are screws, cause I was too lazy to sink them in (I know I should've)

5134hu-med.JPG

Originally posted by Wonderbread man, that is HARDCORe fugly...
oh, tell me about it...

I'm trying to fit in a 7" LCD monitor in there in the future, but for the time being, I've got to cover the gaping hole at the top. Got any ideas? If all else fails, a brax voltage meter and digital/analog clock face goes on.

Originally posted by Wonderbread ya, the voltage and the clock is probably the best way to go...

or else a half din EQ
Brax voltage meter = US$100

Clock = $30

Audio control 1DIN EQ = US$300 minimum.

It looks like I don't have much of a choice..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I don't even have enough for a 4 x 8 MDF sheet, money's all tied up in business.

As for the housing of the meters, should I go with the body color or just plain black? I can't seem to locate carbon fiber look mats to cover it (since my center console is a cheap platic carbon fiber looking ripoff)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.