what value cap for filteR?

Participant count
  • Participant list

d audio 450
10+ year member

i was ordering a bunch of stuff from parts express, and saw onkyo tweeters for 24cents so i got 4 of em just for shits and giggles...but i was wondering if someone could tell what value capacitor i need to filter out the mid and low freqs- any help appreciated

thanks

-pat

P.S.- is the cap wired in series with the tweet or in parallel?

Originally posted by d audio 450 i was ordering a bunch of stuff from parts express, and saw onkyo tweeters for 24cents so i got 4 of em just for shits and giggles...but i was wondering if someone could tell what value capacitor i need to filter out the mid and low freqs- any help appreciated

thanks

-pat

P.S.- is the cap wired in series with the tweet or in parallel?
some tweters can't go lower than 3K, some can go to 2K, etc... also, I think the speaker ohms is relevant to the value of the cap. I might be wrong.. ask Dave Maylar very nicely and you might have the answers you need. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

willdo

thanks

-pat

EDIT: nevermind, being the impatient person i am, i didnt notice that crossover caps are included with the tweeters. my fualt.

thanks tho

-pat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.