Coax or Comp (Budget Friendly)

bad03ranger
10+ year member

Get Some *****
Putting a HU in my nephews 90 Ranger reg cab gonna be running a DD508b and wondering if running coax off the HU with bass blockers will be a decent SQ or if (for the money) components would be better

coax from $30-50

comps from $80-100

100W RMS per channel off the amp

dont want to spend over $100 on either way I go best bang for the buck

suggestions on brands also would be great

Depending on the crossover points you would be better off going with a coaxial speaker. Crossed below like 5k you will split vocals between the mid and tweeter, which will be... funky. You won't have this issue with coaxials.

I've never really looked a coaxials in that price range, so I can't offer suggestions, but if you can stretch the budget I'd sure look at Hybrid Mirus. Haven't heard them but if they are anything like the Imagines they are amazing. I think they run 150.00 or so...

Depending on the crossover points you would be better off going with a coaxial speaker. Crossed below like 5k you will split vocals between the mid and tweeter, which will be... funky. You won't have this issue with coaxials.
I've never really looked a coaxials in that price range, so I can't offer suggestions, but if you can stretch the budget I'd sure look at Hybrid Mirus. Haven't heard them but if they are anything like the Imagines they are amazing. I think they run 150.00 or so...
What are you talking about? Components have a crossover that filters frequencies for tweeters and mids. Comes with the set.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

what about pyle and lanzar i can get those off amazon for like $40
Junk. There is a reason they are $40.

What are you talking about? Components have a crossover that filters frequencies for tweeters and mids. Comes with the set. 

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

If you have a speaker low in your door crossed too low and tweeter up high it will do weird **** with vocals.

Hybrid Audio Technologies - Downloads

Why the Imagine-Series Component Speakers Don't Have an Outboard Crossover "Box"

"The reality is that the Imagine midbass are operating in a “full-pass” (full-range) configuration and

naturally attenuate at a rate of about 6 dB/octave above approximately 6,000 Hz. The tweeter

is protected only for thermal power handling near its resonance using a single, simple highquality,

low-tolerance polypropylene capacitor."

Only lanzars you should consider are the OPTI6pm's and they cost $40 a mid. high build quality and they are nice
Not true. People on DIYMA are having great results with the Vibe Blackair series.

If you have a speaker low in your door crossed too low and tweeter up high it will do weird **** with vocals.
Thats why your supposed to have your mids and tweeters within 12" of each other if you dont plan on going active and if your not running a midrange.

Not true. People on DIYMA are having great results with the Vibe Blackair series.

Thats why your supposed to have your mids and tweeters within 12" of each other if you dont plan on going active and if your not running a midrange.
I own a pair, I think I should know lol. And just because they are having good results with the VIBE's doesn't make the lanzars a bad speaker. They can handle a lot of power and get plenty loud and don't sound like ballsack either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.