$200 to spend on 8" Midbass!

Why So Cereal?
5,000+ posts

Invisible Cereal
Setup is in my sig. Recently put those Pioneers in as midbass and fed em 125wrms each and they POUND! now i want moar!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

can someone recommend a pair of 8" midbass drivers that can be had for 200 or less.

will be playing no higher than 350hz and want them to play low enough to make me forget a sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

like stated, I have 125wrms on tap for either 2 or 4 ohm midbass drivers.

cant do the Peerless SLS cuz its 8ohm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Looked at The dayton RS225 but ppl over on diyma said its not well suited for IB in car doors. So i need something that will work IB (high QTS)

keep in mind this build is more SQ oriented than SPL!!!

its got punchy output. u want low end output out of mids? i wish i could demo my crossfire xs 6.5s u would be amazed at the midbass output. im telling u they get down low for mids and are very punchy. they beat out my silver flutes on midbass

ah...

i have a RE RE8 older moder, eta '06 D4, and a pair of aura NS6 4 ohm mids..the Ns6 are great from 80hz with a flat response.

the RE 8 can dig the lows. combined itd be a pretty **** good system. and id do a great deal on it all... PM me if you want.

its got punchy output. u want low end output out of mids? i wish i could demo my crossfire xs 6.5s u would be amazed at the midbass output. im telling u they get down low for mids and are very punchy. they beat out my silver flutes on midbass
my Pioneers midbasses are punchy though but with the power I'm pushing to em if I'm really cranking it, they dont like to be crossed below 63hz which is **** good for 6.5s. But I'm looking to find an 8 that will go even lower.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

ah...i have a RE RE8 older moder, eta '06 D4, and a pair of aura NS6 4 ohm mids..the Ns6 are great from 80hz with a flat response.

the RE 8 can dig the lows. combined itd be a pretty **** good system. and id do a great deal on it all... PM me if you want.
i wouldnt need the NS6, already have midrange covered. But do you have any specs on thsoe RE8s?

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Silver Flute W17RC38-04 ohm 6-1/2" Wool Cone: Madisound Speaker Store
and the flutes had a fs of 37. specs arent everything sometimes
I thought about those too but if I'm gonna do the extra work to make deeper 6.5s fit I might as well just do 8s

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

i see those Goldwoods all the time but never hear anything about them on any forums.....are they any good?? any experience with em?

Dnt u ever bad mouth my silvers.... I am liking the looks of the xs plus they are cheap enough to try out and if they **** your out almost nothing.

my Pioneers midbasses are punchy though but with the power I'm pushing to em if I'm really cranking it, they dont like to be crossed below 63hz which is **** good for 6.5s. But I'm looking to find an 8 that will go even lower. 

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

i wouldnt need the NS6, already have midrange covered. But do you have any specs on thsoe RE8s?

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

I thought about those too but if I'm gonna do the extra work to make deeper 6.5s fit I might as well just do 8s

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

i see those Goldwoods all the time but never hear anything about them on any forums.....are they any good?? any experience with em?
I myself have never had the chance to hear them but they are cheap just buy 1 and see how it goes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Why So Cereal?

5,000+ posts
Invisible Cereal
Why So Cereal?
Drowning in milk
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date