Coated alternator pulleys

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
Calif
Saw some alt company sell theirs with some kind of rough texture coating on them and cant find them now, anyone see them ? Or know of what that coating is ? I get a little belt slip when accelerating hard and shifting into second gear. It is probably some industrial coating ? And before every Jo say get a smaller belt and new belt tentioner its a triple and has new belt and tentioner and bracket has belt adj and its as good as it gets but minimal slip on hard shifts.

you might just need to clean your belt and pulleys off, im not really surprised you're getting belt slip with all that though lol it has to be a huge load on the engine when you're charging those batts

its minimal but still there and I would rather not have it at all obviously if possible ?
how much can you twist the belt on the longest part not tensioned by a pulley? I know you said its tight but when you're running that much load off of it you definitely want to double check. my point in saying this is so that you dont go spend extra money on non slip pulleys when it may not be the root cause

i have just a single ho alt and when its charging theres definitely a load i can feel

I can twist it almost half way around so I think the problem is the new belt stretched so I will tighten it back up and see if that does the trick .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can twist it almost half way around so I think the problem is the new belt stretched so I will tighten it back up and see if that does the trick .

Clean your pulleys really good with brake cleaner to remove all that anodizing coating off if it has some or if it has burned belt on it.

Also look into goodyear gatorback belt.

Its one of the best belts you can buy that helps for slipping belts.

Most will say gates is best, but its because they never used a goodyear.

Look up the sizes and belt part number and buy it off ebay or amazon.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Ok I'm on it ! I had a good year on it with the one singer and it never slipped so I will try it on this set up too . Thanks

Ok I'm on it ! I had a good year on it with the one singer and it never slipped so I will try it on this set up too . Thanks

should be a lot cheaper and easier than worrying about replacing all your pulleys

should be a lot cheaper and easier than worrying about replacing all your pulleys
True much easier and it wasnt slipping untill yesterday so prob just streched and need to be retightened lol ! Thats me though needs sparkplugs so change the motor ha ha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.