CLIPPING HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

L1ttlet

CarAudio.com Regular
HELP WITH CLIPPING.
I am running an sfb 5000.1 and a sfb 500.4. an audio control lcq-1 and stock headunit on a 2020 toyota 4runner.
subs are wolfram ag10" 2 of those running 3200watts rms @1ohm
active wolfram 6.5 mids and 250watts rms @2ohms. 4 of them 2 on each channel number 3 and 4
active wolfram tweeters at 250watts rms @ 2ohms. 4 of them 2 on each channel 1 and 2.

I SET EVERYTHING WITH A DMM. digital multimeter
I went through and set the headunit to flat and then the lcq-1 flat. turned the volume up to 55 out of a 63.
set channel 1and2 on lcq-1 @3khertz -3db at between 4 8-5volts. with dmm
set channel 3and4 on lcq-1 @1khertz -3db at between 4.8-5volts. with dmm
set the bass amp on lcq-1 @40hertz -3db at between 4.8-5volts. with dmm
set sfb 500.4 with dmm on channels 1 and 2 @ 250watts rms at 2 ohms on volume 55 then the same for channel 3 and 4 the exact same way.
set the sfb5000.1 with dmm @3200watts rms @1ohms on volume 55. with same crossover frequencies as lcq-1
started playing music and my amps start clipping at volume 30 for bass amp and volume 20 on the sfb 500.4. with same frequency as lcq-1
why am I clipping? crossover points maybe? or is the lcq-1 outputting more than 5volts on channel 1-2?

The factory head unit may be putting out more power dynamically than it does on a sine tone. The head unit could also be clipping. I would probably try resetting the gains using pink noise instead of a tone. If that doesn’t help, use a -6db tone.

I don't think the headunit is clipping at only 20-30. I use to listen on stock and could determine the distortion starting around volume 60, so I did volume 55 to be safe. I did see that it changes voltage when turned up that high to the tweeters. it may be doing just that.

I've never tuned to pink noise. can u send me a youtube link of one to use. I use the same pink noise to tune tweets,mids, and bass?

if that doesn't work can u plz send me trusted youttube links for sinewaves at the crossovers.
I used sonic electronics last time.

tried clicking the link and it can't be played. can u send me a link. I have no idea what to use.

I use a app on my phone for tones and pink noise. The one I normally use is called ‘ audio function generator’
In my experience YouTube is too inconsistent with levels of tones to be used. ( tones listed as -3db could be -6 or 0 or something else.)

got the pink noise going and turned headunit up to volume 45 dmm on and the lcq-1 maxed out on output only at .2 volts. it won't adjust any higher no matter what volume. checked dmm in an outlet and it's reading just fine and checked it's fuse and battery and they are good. any ideas as to why it's not putting out any volts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...