Clipping at "low" volume!?

How jacked up are the bands on your DSP's equalizer and why are they jacked up? Are you just guessing when you're tuning or are you using test tones, sine sweeps, banded pink noise, etc.

I've kept the EQ on the DSP flat for the preset I'm using, until I dial in a close "perfect" sound. I plan to flatten my HU and bring all EQ to the DSP since it's got 3 times as many bands to play with.

I'm not just guessing, but I am also not using test tones any longer. I play music via wired connection to my phone with Tidal HiFi so I compiled songs - some with more dynamic bass, some with clear and dynamic mids and highs and songs of all genres that I'm very familiar with.

After last night, I'm actually pretty confident in how things are set. Someday I'll get my hands on an oscilloscope for curiosities sake. I appreciate everyone's input!

I've kept the EQ on the DSP flat for the preset I'm using, until I dial in a close "perfect" sound. I plan to flatten my HU and bring all EQ to the DSP since it's got 3 times as many bands to play with.

I'm not just guessing, but I am also not using test tones any longer. I play music via wired connection to my phone with Tidal HiFi so I compiled songs - some with more dynamic bass, some with clear and dynamic mids and highs and songs of all genres that I'm very familiar with.

After last night, I'm actually pretty confident in how things are set. Someday I'll get my hands on an oscilloscope for curiosities sake. I appreciate everyone's input!

Music isn't the best for getting things set up. You got to have a pretty good ear to spot cabin gain/cancellation associated with the width of vehicle. Phase issues between opposing drivers and at crossover points are much easier to detect with test tones or banded pink noise.

im doing a new build and other than a few people on here, his information has been real helpful

Other than a few people. 😂 The only person that screwed up your system is you. Don't try to be passive/aggressive and blame anybody on here. It sounds like you need to dump the DSP. You tried to do something that you weren't qualified to do. You're lucky that you didn't blow anything.

Other than a few people. 😂 The only person that screwed up your system is you. Don't try to be passive/aggressive and blame anybody on here. It sounds like you need to dump the DSP. You tried to do something that you weren't qualified to do. You're lucky that you didn't blow anything.
you got the wrong person and the wrong conversation.. try again

you are one of the other people that has been helping give me advice on new equipment and setup.
i did end up getting the amp and subs you suggested, looking forward to hearing what it sounds like as soon as the stuff gets here and the weather cooperates. the heat index was 104 yesterday and is supposed to be the same again today. in the southeast ga heat, the humidity (humidatitty)is brutal. its lime taking a hot sauna followed by a hot shower under a cooking lamp. no fun at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...