Clicking sound, from only the tweeters.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Shortbuskid
10+ year member

So CA
Ok before ppl start telling me to search, I have.

Headunit = kenwood 25th anniv.

Previous set up was wired the same, and had no noise. (Kicker kx250.2 and xenon 6.5 comps)

New comps and new amp (slc265s and nine.2)

Ever since I changed out everything for the new stuff, Ive had a faint clicking sound that is RPM dependant. It doesnt necissarily get louder as RPMS go up, but the sound goes faster. I do not hear the noise when the car is off.

Now from reading it sounds like im getting noise from the injectors through my power wire. Unfortunately im not able to run another route for the power wire. Im not sure how to fix the issue, I tried grounding my headunit to a different spot, on bare metal yada yada, as well as my amp(s) to another spot (both at the same spot) Grounding the RCA's did not help either.

Any other idea's, suggestions? I mean its not very loud, as soon as I get the music up a bit from 0 its not audible, but when the song ends and there is dead air, I can hear it and its driving me crazy.

Are your speaker wires and RCA's far away from the Power wire? Or if they have to cross are they crossed in X form?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.