Clear Sound Build - Fiberglass Amp Rack - Rockford Fosgate, Focal, Etc

mklett33
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MI
Just realized I have been posting this build everywhere except for here. Allow me to share:

IMAG1019.jpg

IMAG1018.jpg

IMAG1017.jpg

IMAG1016.jpg

IMAG1020.jpg

Amps on the left and right, Processor in the middle. The white plexi is going to be for wires to run through from the audio processor. The rest from the amps will go to the left and right of the amp rack.

Like my speaker adapter? Made it myself, flush trimmed the original shape and then circle routered the new speaker size.

IMAG1038.jpg

Here is some fiberglass laid on the amp rack, there are so many curves I only really need one thick layer and it is strong.

IMAG1039.jpg

IMAG1042.jpg

IMAG1043.jpg

IMAG1049.jpg

IMAG1048.jpg

IMAG1047.jpg

IMAG1046.jpg

IMAG1045.jpg

IMAG1044.jpg

Holes for the T Nuts

IMAG1106.jpg

IMAG1107.jpg

IMAG1108.jpg

Here it is in car. It will scoot more towards the front of the vehicle, I just need to get some longer power wire to reach the spot where I will be mounting the distribution blocks. This is why they are not mounted yet.

IMAG1109.jpg

Thats about how far I got and then decided to do something completely different, so as of right now, none of this is in my vehicle, and I am doing a complete redesign. Just wanted to share.

Focal Access, I love them, they have go to be one of the clearest sounding speakers I have ever had.

Very nice work here. Can I ask what type of fabric you glassed for this? As you can see in my S60 build, I'm struggling with the fleece I used. Seems too thick, didn't soak all the way through, it's creating lots of sanding work. Any recommendations?

Very nice work here. Can I ask what type of fabric you glassed for this? As you can see in my S60 build, I'm struggling with the fleece I used. Seems too thick, didn't soak all the way through, it's creating lots of sanding work. Any recommendations?
When I glassed my box i used something quite thin and stretchy, it was kind of like speaker grill cloth but a lil more dense. Ive heard fleece likes to crack sometimes.

I used fleece, its actually Halloween themed as you can see in one of the pictures. You may need to try doing both sides of the material. Also when you are doing your initial coat make sure its wet all the way through. Did you add glass fibers as well?

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

When I glassed my box i used something quite thin and stretchy, it was kind of like speaker grill cloth but a lil more dense. Ive heard fleece likes to crack sometimes.
Maybe if you don't add any fiberglass. I have always used fleece and never once had it crack, the fleece is just for the shape, then you add the strength with the glass fibers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.