Clean And Powerful Sound? Amp Choices?

Questfs

I am in the process of upgrading my car stereo. My current choices to upgrade to are:

Pioneer Premiere 740MP Deck (3 preouts, 4V out)

2 - MTX 6104 10"s in sealed box 4 Ohms Rec RMS 250W PPower 500W

MTX Audio Thunder6000 T6.5 5.25" Components 4 ohms Rec RMS 40W PPower 80W

MTX Audio 6932 6x9" Rec RMS 40W PPower 150W 4 ohms

My question is will these amps give me a strong, clean sound?

Or would another amp be a better alternative?

I heard Rockford 4 channel Amps werent that good, Is this true?

RF 250M 250x1 @ 2ohms (for subs)

RF 200.4 Punch 4 channel leftover from last year

Also I am not preferential here if these speakers are a weak link then I would appreciate help here too.

Thanks,

Questfs

i sell this equipment. For the subs go withthe new pioneer 762 amplifier 700 watts so ull get about 400 to each sub. As far as interior go with the rockford 400a4 ive never had a problem and ull get nice sound out of it. You got an awesome head unit there.

I had a 800a4 a couple years ago powering 2 sets of kappa perfect components and the 200x4 didnt come close to sounding as good as the A/D/S p650 i got in replace of the RF. For the interior speakers id find a decent AB class amp, i just got a JL 300/4 and i couldnt be anymore happier. Ill actually have 2 300/4's and 1 1000/1 when they release it.

I have done a side by side comparison with an Alpine 4 channel amp and an RF punch 400.4 in my car- The Alpine was rated at 30 watts RMS per channel and the Punch was 50 watts per channel. The Alpine blew the Punch amp away in all categories. It had a much more crisp, clear sound, and was more efficiant than the Punch. Rockford is a great sub amp, but I would not recommend them for full range sound use. Before these two amps, I used a cheap Pioneer 4 channel amp that sounded better than the Rockford Punch.

Originally posted by Unregistered I have done a side by side comparison with an Alpine 4 channel amp and an RF punch 400.4 in my car- The Alpine was rated at 30 watts RMS per channel and the Punch was 50 watts per channel. The Alpine blew the Punch amp away in all categories.
This info is very timely, as I was JUST about to bid on a 400.4 on eBay. What amp do you recommend then for 40-50 wrms X 4 into 4 ohms that doesn't cost 300 bucks?

Originally posted by maylar  

This info is very timely, as I was JUST about to bid on a 400.4 on eBay. What amp do you recommend then for 40-50 wrms X 4 into 4 ohms that doesn't cost 300 bucks?
If the Alpine is too much $$$ for your taste then I would check out MTX, US Acoustics, Pioneer (not the greatest, but acceptable), or Kenwood. The Rockford was an excellent amp, I was just disappointed in the efficiancy of an amp of it's size. Even with a crossover the bass frequencies seemed to fart out before I ever cranked it up (and I'm not a db hungry listener) It seemed obvious to me then that Rockford was designed for subs. Not the best for full range sound. I had a Pioneer amp that was 30 watts RMS per channel that was extremely cheap and it was just as loud as the Rockford and sounded about as good. The other companies I believe would be much more efficient.

You could also go with a crossfire TEK 35.4 or a 50.4. Both are great amps and will power any mids and highs. they are both extremely crisp and well designed. very efficent also. You can get the 50.4 for $215 on http://www.CBRstereo.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.