Class A/B high power amps for subs

probably close to 1k.
you should trade me that ps8 for my amp and cash.
That won't happen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Why are you selling the amp anyway? Got something else to replace it?

Thought I'd update this with some new findings. While I still think the SQ amp was lacking power for my application, I think some of the problems were because I was using its x-over in addition to the PS8 x-over. I have the PS8 set to Butterworth at 12db and I put in the used PA RXD2400 I just got, and turn on the x-over on it, set it to about 80Hz. Then I remembered it's already crossed at PS8, so I turned it off on the amp - the difference is quite significant. Thought I'd share and admit to my error.

no fking way in hell is that legit lol!
Hey you never know. A perfectly good working Sundown NS-1 could go for under 300 "new".

Seems 100% legit to me.. He has 8 positive feedbacks!

OP:

Seriously though, I don't think AB amps are the best for subs. I'd say buy a well-built class D and be nice to it, if money is not a concern. An AB amp with your power requirements will not be cheap.

Hey you never know. A perfectly good working Sundown NS-1 could go for under 300 "new".
Seems 100% legit to me.. He has 8 positive feedbacks!

OP:

Seriously though, I don't think AB amps are the best for subs. I'd say buy a well-built class D and be nice to it, if money is not a concern. An AB amp with your power requirements will not be cheap.
Yea, that's what I gathered. I actually already got an amp - well 2 of them. The planet audio one I posted about earlier is just awesome. DD m2b only lasted 30 minutes, DD just said they received it today for repair. That's plenty of power for me and with the PS8 handling all the x-overs, it's sounding the way I want it to. I've not done a full review on everything yet because I want to get the whole setup running at 100%. Having bad noise coming from USB cord, I got the cheap kind, so that bit me in the @$$. Once I get the DD back, swap out the USB cord, and play more with the PS8, I'll post everything up.

Yea, that's what I gathered. I actually already got an amp - well 2 of them. The planet audio one I posted about earlier is just awesome. DD m2b only lasted 30 minutes, DD just said they received it today for repair. That's plenty of power for me and with the PS8 handling all the x-overs, it's sounding the way I want it to. I've not done a full review on everything yet because I want to get the whole setup running at 100%. Having bad noise coming from USB cord, I got the cheap kind, so that bit me in the @$$. Once I get the DD back, swap out the USB cord, and play more with the PS8, I'll post everything up.
Alright, cool

I would suggest a Class BD mono amplifier by Rockford Fosgate

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdCP ::

x57525001CP-F.jpeg

Highlights:

Mono subwoofer amplifier

1,500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (2,500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)

2,500 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm

CEA-2006 compliant

Dynamic Thermal Management cooling system

Master Sync: allows two of these amps to be tied together

variable low-pass filter (32-250 Hz, 24 dB/octave)

selectable subsonic filter (28Hz, 12 dB/octave)

variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz)

optional wired remote bass boost

Class-BD amplifier design

MOSFET power and output stages

preamp inputs and outputs

1/0-gauge power and ground leads and an 250-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier

no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 250-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended

21-7/8"W x 2-3/16"H x 9-7/16"D

warranty: 2 years

The price maybe a bit too high at 1599 USD but I don't think sub-woofer mono amps can get any better than this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I would suggest a Class BD mono amplifier by Rockford Fosgate 

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdCP ::

x57525001CP-F.jpeg

Highlights:

Mono subwoofer amplifier

1,500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (2,500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)

2,500 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm

CEA-2006 compliant

Dynamic Thermal Management cooling system

Master Sync: allows two of these amps to be tied together

variable low-pass filter (32-250 Hz, 24 dB/octave)

selectable subsonic filter (28Hz, 12 dB/octave)

variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz)

optional wired remote bass boost

Class-BD amplifier design

MOSFET power and output stages

preamp inputs and outputs

1/0-gauge power and ground leads and an 250-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier

no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 250-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended

21-7/8"W x 2-3/16"H x 9-7/16"D

warranty: 2 years

The price maybe a bit too high at 1599 USD but I don't think sub-woofer mono amps can get any better than this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I'm sure this is a great amp, but as a consumer, I'd never buy RF. Their price points have no chance against anything that's not mainstream. Even DD has them beat. M3b is rated at 3.8kw (14.4V) at under $1300 msrp. All this is really beside the point since I already got 2 amps. I just brought this up because I stated how unhappy I was and honestly, this was mostly my fault. I didn't think this all the way through and decided to save a dollar and not get a more powerful amp. Luckily, I was able to pass it to a friend and get some of the money back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.