CL-641 3 way component placement

Participant count
  • Participant list

eurovw

Hi!

Still wondering about components for a 300E mercedes.

I think CL-641 3 way components is a way to go. Here is a picture of a door panel:

http://www.web-baja.com/speaker_loc.jpg

Notice where there is a place for 6.5 driver. So, If I put 6.5 in there, 4" drivers in stock dash locations, and tweeters on A-pillars, will I achieve a nice front soundstage? I understand that 6.5 drivers are far from 4" and tweeters, but do you think I have a shot?

thanks.

You will likely have phasing issues to worry about the further apart each induvidual component is from each other. You could probably work out some of the issues with time alignment and eq'ing, but I just don't recommend it unless you can setup the speakers in a mock setup and test it before actually doing the final install.

In most cases, it is best to keep at least the midrange and tweeter close together. I'm not saying you can't make that setup work, but you should really consider doing a mock setup of the speakers first. You were probably going to do that, but I figured I'd throw it out in case.

300E's should have enough legroom to do kicks. Have you looked into that?

And I agree that trying to play mids in that stock 6.5" location won't sound too great...

300E's should have enough legroom to do kicks. Have you looked into that?
And I agree that trying to play mids in that stock 6.5" location won't sound too great...
there is a e-brake pedal on the left side. I saw there are kick panels available for 94-98 C class (they have the same e-brake setup). Ah, if I only could measure C class kick panels in E class.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.