Chronic Car audio stole my money and my sound! please help me?!?!

bengifford

AZ
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif I own a 2005 toyota corolla in which i was seeking for better sound quality in my stereo system. The stock system was GREAT considering it was stock, yet it lacked bass and power at higher volume levels. At these higher volumes, the sound slightly faded out and slightly became distorted.

MY solution...

I bought 6.5'' front door speakers (boston acoustic sl60) i was given these as advice from another "Professional car audio retailer" (bone asses).

I soon realized that i would need some extra power to sufficiently use these speakers being rated at 80watts rms Ea.

After getting two optinions from retail shops i decided that i would get "hooked up" at chronic car audio.

I went in to get a part for my installation of a new amp and the salesperson edged in to an attack of pushing his off brand "POWER BASS" 6x9'' rear component speakers and another off brand product "Baja Profile Ha740 AMP" claiming 740 Watts distributed to 4channels.

After being pushed into the sale I finally gave in because it would save me installing time and I thought that he was telling me the truth about his generic products.

Later that night i received a call from chronic telling me that i needed to buy a new Head Unit because they kept blowing the low level line converters and they were smoking in my car!!!

I picked up my car without a working stereo, an amp that was not secured to my back seat, loose wires, and pannels in my car that were bent and not reinstalled!

After being especially Angry, i went online to find that the $200+ that i had just given to chronic car audio was 120% Profit over the true retail of the product that they sold me. I found the 6x9'' power bass speakers for $34.99 and the baja profile ha740 amp for $59.99. Basically i payed $105.00 for an incomplete installation, a broken stereo, and uninstalled door and floor pannels!

The second time i went back and told them to fix it and that i wasnt going to pay them any more money for their off brand Garbage and told them that they needed to refund me the money for install the components correctly. They said that a refund was out of the question and they said that they would install the system.

That night i picked up my car again and came to find that it sounded WORSE than my stock SYSTEM!!!

CHRONIC CAR AUDIO SHAFTED ME TIME AND TIME AGIAN!!! I PAYED $200.00 FOR what they said would be an "GREAT SOUNDING SYSTEM, MUCH BETTER THAN YOUR STOCK ONE". AND GOT IN RETURN A ***** IN MY ASS AND A TERRIBLE SOUNDING STEREO SYSTEM!

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS POST BEFORE YOU EVER THINK ABOUT LETTING CHRONIC CAR AUDIO TOUCH YOUR VEHICLE!!! DONT BE FOOLED INTO OVERPAYING FOR GENERIC AUDIO COMPONENTS!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

Yeah. I try not to go to places that are named after a drug. Kind of like a "business" that was trying to sell stuff on some of the truck sites that was pretty quickly proven to be shady. It was called "Stripper Motorsports". Sounds fun, but not a place I'd trust my money to. And definitely do your homework ahead of time and know what you're looking at. I haven't even heard of a couple of those brands you mentioned.

Did you go to the Tempe Location? I think there an authorized MTX seller and sell the 9500's for $320 which isn't too bad IMO.

I've personally seen (2) installs that have came out of chronic caraudio, 1. was (2) 10L7's powered by a HCCA 275 and they had no idea of the history of HCCA amps and how you need to run them at low ohms to get power. This guy wired the L7's to give the amp a 4ohm load, what an idiot!!! I had to re wire everything to give the amp a 1ohm load and my friend of my friend was then very satisfied with everything. I told him he should let me do the entire install.

Ya I would stay away from Chronic Car Audio install's, but like I said you can find some pretty good deals there if you bargain with them.

Hear allot of bad things about them and they have the most RETARDED radio commercials on the planet. Sickening. I hate stupid shops and stupid installers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...