Chr won't start after an audio upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

Richie1202

CarAudio.com Newbie
London
Hey guys,

I've got an issue with my car after installing a sound system.

It's a fully petrol 2018 CHR and a few weeks ago I changed the front and rear speakers over to the focal system, which is plug and play and designed for Toyota's. I also added an focal amp behind the dash which was also plug and play and came with the kit.

When I put everything back together and started the car the car wouldn't start. It cranks over but it doesn't fire up. The car opens and closes with the key fob and it cranks over but doesn't fire up

I had a look over all the fuses with a continuity metre and they were all fine. I even checked the relays by switching them around but had no luck. I checked the fuel lines to see if there was fuel coming to the engine and that was fine. The issue I can see is that the spark plugs aren't sparking up.

The car was taken to Toyota and after 3 days with them they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. They're diagnostics didn't show up anything.

The wires have all been checked and nothing is cut or loose. The battery has also been changed but still no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas or experienced anything like this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Does anyone have any ideas or experienced anything like this
Not with a Toyota but with a Dodge Stratus. The Security Key Immobilizer Module (SKIM) was activated and it would not energize the coils. Check if Toyota has a similar feature.
Sometimes the car's security feature goes through the radio, so any change may activate a disable mode. Undo the amplifier and start it.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...