Choosing best amp: T130 vs. KAC-7201 vs. 475a

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chicago_one
10+ year member

Chicago
OK, here's my dilema.

I'm building a basic system in my Galant and want some advise on which amps to utilize.

Here's a break down of what I already have...

- Pioneer 8400bh installed

- Infinity Reference Component 6530 cs (front)

- Infinity Reference 2-way 9632cf (rear)

- Kenwood KAC 7201 amp

-12" Infinity Perfect sub (works great with the KAC)

- I am acquiring an Alpine T130 amp for Free in the next day or two

Now, I want to amp the interior speakers to maximize their quality and add the sub at some point. Should I...

A) Use the Kenwood for all 4 and use the Alpine for the sub

B) Use the Kenwood for the sub, use the Alpine to amp to front components, forget about the rears

C) Ditch the Alpine, use the Kenwood for the sub and buy an Infinity 475a for the interior 4

I'm not looking to break the bank and the Infinity Amp seems to be a good option. I also don't want to cheap out on anything, and make sure my equipment is safely maximized so I get clear/powerful sound.

Any opinions?

im not that much of a purist. I enjoy clear sound, but I'm keeping this car modest. Just want something simple and clean.

What do you suggest?

If the Alpine amp is in good working condition it would be decent on the front speakers. It's a bit small for the subwoofer. Infinity amplifiers are very nice, but I would use what you have first.

your kenwood amp will deliver 460watts bridged at 1 ohm your alpine at best is 50w x2 @ 4ohm, I would use your alpine for speaker and kenwood for sub, if im not mistaken that infinity sub you have is 350 watts @ 4 ohm single voice coil.

I suggest using the kenwood for the sub and use the alpine for your front speakers and your rears powered still by hu which is your option B:

your sub is 4ohms so keep it at 4ohms, you actually have no choice since your sub is single coil 4ohms

kenwoods are happier on 4 ohms, i used to have a kenwood that keeps on blowing fuses when i brought it down to 2ohm (which the ones i have is not rated for 2 ohm lol)

460 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.