[Choosing a new Head Unit] Completely overwhelmed. Help needed.

recsnmisc

Hi everyone. Greetings to all forum members. 1st post.

I'm looking for a new cd/radio head unit for my car.

Long time since I've been on the market for one and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the current offer and standard features these days. Also lost track of whats cheap and what's expensive... You can find offers that are packed with features at surprisingly low prices, comparing to just a couple years ago. Also there are really, really expensive stuff out there. Is it worth it?

So much being offered out there it's really hard to keep track. Looking forward to narrow my choices and look in the best direction regarding a compromise of sound quality/features/price. Any and all comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

So first, essential features:

• quality sound
  • front USB
  • front aux line in
  • built-in bluetooth (possible with no extra dongles/cables?)
  • efficient security feature/detachable panel
  • not really a bargain but a good deal. nothing top of the line and really expensive
  • mp3 and playlist support

Things that would be really cool to have:

• ability to control ipod/iphone through head unit
  • ability to control other DAPs through head unit
  • ability to connect a portable HDD (USB host/file manager)
  • variable color illumination

Not essential but might consider it if price is right:

• HDD

Things I don't need:

• DAB
  • remote
  • other media formats compatibility other than mp3

Thanks again!

PS - Quick question: will the usb input be able to charge my mp3 player, mobile and gps unit?

Good but they're all CD player. But I love videos too. If wanna watch movies, DVD player is better, Eonon E1091 nearly have the same function as Pioneer Premier DEH-P700BT, but can play DVD, while Pioneer can't. And it's Even $280, a little cheaper. I'm using Eonon too and it works well. Really cost effective. Good luck!

http://www.eonon.com/2-Din-DVD-Player/E1091.html

What's your budget in dollars?
300 usd tops!

Hey thanks a lot for your tips. JVC and Kenwood look great....will definitely look into those.

Good but they're all CD player. But I love videos too. If wanna watch movies, DVD player is better, Eonon E1091 nearly have the same function as Pioneer Premier DEH-P700BT, but can play DVD, while Pioneer can't. And it's Even $280, a little cheaper. I'm using Eonon too and it works well. Really cost effective. Good luck!http://www.eonon.com/2-Din-DVD-Player/E1091.html
Thanks for your tips. I really want Radio/CD player/mp3, I really have no use for in-car dvd/video.

Anything else out there worth checking? Thank again!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.