China buildhouse sub pics

Was thinking about it
I'd rather run one or a few large subs than a ton of small ones
So why didn't you just keep the DD-Z's?

FYI, word on the street is that Thilo is going to have some LMS 5400's again in 5-6 month time frame. Again I'll tell you that if you're looking to play 30hz and down well you won't do better than LMS or XBL^2 designs.

FYI, word on the street is that Thilo is going to have some LMS 5400's again in 5-6 month time frame. Again I'll tell you that if you're looking to play 30hz and down well you won't do better than LMS or XBL^2 designs.

I'll put my nsv3 head to head with a lms5400... My buddy has a lms5400 18 and I was not impressed. Tried a few different boxes and it just doesn't even come close to the nsv3

Idk, sometimes I regret trading with Evan.

Alright, cool

I'll put my nsv3 head to head with a lms5400... My buddy has a lms5400 18 and I was not impressed. Tried a few different boxes and it just doesn't even come close to the nsv3
How is this secret being kept from the home theater guys?

I believe he may have run out because Magico is using them in their flagship subwoofer. That is one account or sale that Thilo was lucky to land.
inside-magico-qsub.jpg

magico-qsub18.jpg

I'm not surprised by those results for more than one reason. Comparing the nsv3 to the 5200 is more appropriate. You would want to compare the 5400 to an XXX or similar.

Is the NSv3 as efficient? Might take more power to get loud
Most Home theater guys don't have 5k on tap for power per sub

That lms5400 is 4" and pretty stiff. The nsv3 can be built with a softer suspension of wanted. I'd take a SI 18" over a lms 5400 18"

I believe he may have run out because Magico is using them in their flagship subwoofer. That is one account or sale that Thilo was lucky to land.
inside-magico-qsub.jpg

magico-qsub18.jpg

I'm not surprised by those results for more than one reason. Comparing the nsv3 to the 5200 is more appropriate. You would want to compare the 5400 to an XXX or similar.

Shlt now idk if my buddy had a 5400 or 5200... You threw a monkey wrench in the mix

I just text him... His 18" was 5400 but he's had a lot of 5200 15" also... Idk could have been the installs but these nsv3 are monsters lol
Oh I have no doubt the NS is a great driver, just not the same type of platform as an Ultra so not the best comparison. No one will say the the 5400 is the loudest driver available. Others will say they do not like a lack of distortion, even though they may not realize that is actually what they're saying, and that's okay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.