Chevy Or Ford?

Chevy Or Ford

• Chevy

Votes: 59 70.2%
  • Ford

Votes: 25 29.8%

• Total voters
Todays Deisels are without a question faster more reliable and more fun to drive

in a truck than a gasser,notice they are outsourced engines....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

FORD all the way!!! IMO I own a 03, 150 and my dad owns a 01, 150 and we havn't had a signle problem with either of them. I've never owned or really driven a chevy much so i can't say anything against them. Born and raised Ford baby!!!!

Jon

diesel
the only bad thing about is diesel is so high right now, and so far its been gettin like 14 mph, and it has like 20,000 miles on it.
our 250 diesel (2005) with 37" tires gets 17 mpg with all the performance mods and programmer. i know of another guy with 35"s and a chip in his 6.0 and he gets 19 down the freeway.

Ford. Chevy is respectable in many ways, yes, but then again, Blazers will rust no matter what you do... ETC. I dislike many features of chevys, especially the fact that the old quad 4's and the 4.3's and the 350's can literally run for decades on nothing but keeeping the oil topped off (leaks) this bothers me to no end. 245k on a Caprice with only yealy oil changes? WTF?

I have gripes about Ford as well (such as the fun+outrageous speaker positioning, the oil filter placement, and the lack of low end punch onmost all of the motors ive driven except the 300 inline and the 5.0)

But then again, they make Crown Vics.

I'd take my dad's 69 Boss 302 over any camaro, but I'll take a Caprice over a Crown Vic any day.
I'm not that biased...
Caprice over Vic for mechanical soundness

Vic over caprice for everything else, IMO..

Crown Vics kina slack on the motor build, the ***** soft crankshafts, c-clip rear end, no aftermarket mods to be had AT all.

But they are usually cheaper to buy, have a bigger trunk, and look better all around, but that's highly subjective...

I have gripes about Ford as well (such as the fun+outrageous speaker positioning, the oil filter placement, and the lack of low end punch onmost all of the motors ive driven except the 300 inline and the 5.0)

But then again, they make Crown Vics.
my old truck (02 F150 supercrew w/ 5.4L) spanks the chevy 5.3 liter in low end power/torque. if ford still offered the old body style, i would have easily gone with another F150 with the 5.4.

my old truck (02 F150 supercrew w/ 5.4L) spanks the chevy 5.3 liter in low end power/torque. if ford still offered the old body style, i would have easily gone with another F150 with the 5.4.
Never drove a 5.4 long enough to really know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. I had a chance to buy a 92 pickup with one in it but the biach had an automatic tranny so I let it go. Those are a much different animal than the 5.4's of today i would think

I think chevy has kind of gone down the tubes a little i... The quality just has not been as good in the later models.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...