Chevy Impala 08

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just got a new car, did have a 01 Ford Explorer. I had a Kicker L7 15 with Cadence TXA1000D with the sub wired down to 1OHM.

Well,

Since I got the new car I would like a new system. I had factory speakers in my Ford Explorer with the above system. I would like to replace all 4 of the factor speaker in my Impala to something than those 4 speakers wired to a specific AMP. So I need some suggestions here speakers, amp for the 4 doors.

As far as the SUB to AMP what would you guys suggest? I really liked my Kicker L7 15 with a nice custom ported box. So I think would like to stick with a new model of the Kicker L7. As far as the amp what would you guys suggest?

Again I want 2 amps, 1 for the 4 speakers and the other for the sub.

What about the deck? What would you suggest?

I just got a new car, did have a 01 Ford Explorer. I had a Kicker L7 15 with Cadence TXA1000D with the sub wired down to 1OHM.
Well,

Since I got the new car I would like a new system. I had factory speakers in my Ford Explorer with the above system. I would like to replace all 4 of the factor speaker in my Impala to something than those 4 speakers wired to a specific AMP. So I need some suggestions here speakers, amp for the 4 doors.

As far as the SUB to AMP what would you guys suggest? I really liked my Kicker L7 15 with a nice custom ported box. So I think would like to stick with a new model of the Kicker L7. As far as the amp what would you guys suggest?

Again I want 2 amps, 1 for the 4 speakers and the other for the sub.

What about the deck? What would you suggest?
for the amount your going to pay for a new Newer model L7 15 you could get a WAY better sub, just saying.

But anyway whats your budget?

yeah i'd prob look at a different sub too, the older L7's were awesome at the time compaired to other subs on the market... but now days a lot of other brands can out preform the kickers for a better price.

1500$ What are suggesting if I could get something better than the L7? Please advise.
Here you go.. An entire sub/amp system that will save you some money and do circles around the L7

Soundqubed Hdc3 15 Dual 2(D2) Copper Coil option - $315 shipped(

Pure Audio PA1500.1 - $150 shipped from Xplicit audio.com

Cadence 0gauge wire kit - $55 shipped from ebay

Custom Enclosure( I suggest build it yourself if you can, it will be cheaper) - $70 (

Do the Big 3 upgrade - I did mine for like $30

The wire and stuff i just threw in case you didnt have it.....

Thats $620 total and you still have alot left...

Last edited by a moderator:

Above is the link to my old system, the car was running so wasn't good video/sound quality.

SUB to 2nd AMP is what I want to upgrade>

All for under 1500.

So above what you posted is a bang for the buck/ upgrade from what I told you I have. Its also in the video.

i mean theres alot to choose from.

My next choice would be an Obsidian audio 15 v2...

also thers the new C2 Audio threatcon 2 15s on presale and they are pretty cheap

you could get a pair of those

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.