Cheap Solutions?

Originally posted by ChefJoe Umm, I hope you're not talking about the fiberglass pink panther type of insulation, cause that'd be murder for your car. It sheds little glass needles and flexes real well.
I think he's talking about the water barrier, which would be pointless for sound dampening purposes. It would take up so much space and be so hard to work with that you'd be better off just getting some second skin.

Yeah at first I also thought he was talking about the Pink Panther stuff - that would **** and it definatley isn't that dense. My parents just built a house and we went to see it alot of times during the build process. I am thinking that maybe he is talking about that grey/ silver looking stuff, it has all sorts of stuff written on it over and over. Its that size, like 3/4 inch thick and fairly dense. I have no idea what its actuall purpose in a house is, but i thought it might be a little rigid and unbendable for a car... unless you just take alot more time and cut it up alot for every curve.

Well i'm not sure if this even helped, but i think I MIGHT know what your talking about, at least.

Oh well nevermind all ive done is confused alot of ppl and your right it is hard to bend but im only talkin about a very curves for my trunk. My trunk is basically a box cuz it has only a few humps and curves in it and the majority of those are on the trunk lid.

Originally posted by snova031 You cannot beat my 1" thick dense as hell acoustic dampening that I got for free, about 40 sq. ft.
STFU lol j/k. Isnt that cuz you won the Second Skin giveaway that ifandorbuts does? At least I thought that it was you. Maybe I was wrong:confused:

Originally posted by 80_Cutlass_mn STFU lol j/k. Isnt that cuz you won the Second Skin giveaway that ifandorbuts does? At least I thought that it was you. Maybe I was wrong:confused:
No, you are wrong, Kenny won that.
Acoustic Dampening is used in buildings and such, my dad picked up a whole lot for me, right now it's temporary, but it's doing a pretty **** good job...

Originally posted by SAVAGE SOUND i used rubber undercoating and asphault sheeting.
i just took some 3m spray and glued down 3 layers asphalut sheeting (the tar paper under roof shingles) in opposite directions. then after that was all set i coated every thing in the rubber undercoating, like the kind they sell and auto parts stores for truck beds. its lasted about a year and a half with no problems. except when i need to change a fried break light!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif but you can just re-spray it and its back to normal. the sheeting is like $15-$20 for 150yards and the 3m spray is about $10 a can. i still have at least half the roll of sheeting left!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.