Changeing door speaker size?

and he even changed cars and door panels in the process!!
HAHAHAHAHA.... I didn't have any before pics of my door panels. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

===================================

Here's a simple process to get different size speakers in your doors, assuming you're trying to go larger.

Take out door panels. Make mdf baffles. Cut to shape to where it'll fit your doors and allow room for speaker cutout. then search on how to make your baffles water resistant.

Then mock up baffles to door and mark your speaker cutout on door with a marker. Then take shears or a jigsaw and cutout the metal. This may take some elbow grease.

Then mount baffles onto the door. I just used coarse thread drywall screws and predrill holes to the door (smaller diameter than the screws).

And to post some common sense for the dumbasses on here, measure for clearance and make baffles thicker, if needed.

well, not quite because I am working with a smaller hole and trying to build it out. I know I will porbably have to take out the guts of my door and cut a hole large enough for the speaker. the problem is after I cut it out I have no way of mounting anything in there.
It's not as complicated as your saying. You don't have to "take the guts out" of your door. But you do have to open up the entire door to get in there to add deadening material. Both on the outside and inside sheet metal. The hole does not have to be as big as the speaker. With even just a small wooden ring riser, a 6 1/2" speaker will fit in a hole less than 4" wide. You mount the ring to the door, and the speaker to the ring. Seal the edges with non-hardening clay.

I created a new speaker positions in my car. The factory position was behind me firing directly into the side of the seat cushion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

There was an odd shaped (about 3" x 6")whole about where I wanted to locate the speaker, so I cut a piece of MDF to go over that, and cut the speaker hole inside that.

Add a ton of deadener to seal and dampen the entire door, turning it into a speaker cabinet.

Properly done doors sound better than speaker pods because there is more room for the mid/bass driver, so you get better bass response.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.